Lets talk about your tips! ;)

Yeah, that’s how I used complys on Variations and now on RSV. Its an easy way.

I usually use Mele tips tho, since they so short :joy:

1 Like

After reading through this entire thread I decided to go for the Final E type for my Blon BL03’s. The Xelastec’s seem to not have good durability and I can’t rationalize potentially spending 25$ every 3 months. I may also try the SPinfit CP 100’s/ 145’s. Apart from those, I have the Symbio W’s on my list as well. The Spiral Dots and Deep Mounts are basically impossible to get in Canada for a decent price so they will remain in the back of my mind. Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone. I’m in the market for a decent BL03 upgrade $100-200 CAD but I know there are a few other threads for that questions. I Just recognize a few active people in here from other threads that may be able to point me to a good thread.

1 Like

It seems to me that foam tips make IEMs sound like closed back headphones.

Yep, same in the US. I wasn’t very impressed with either, so it was sort of my completionism thing f-ing with me at that point.

After having a box full of ear tips, I find that my right answer is almost always either Final Series E or Spinft CP100/CP100+.

I am guessing that most people end up having 2 or 3 that are right for them, but that the “right fit” is as individual as our ears. I find foam horribly uncomfortable, and it seems like that is common for people that wear smaller sizes.

1 Like

I usually use a medium tip with no issues but sometimes it can go larger. Personally, I’m not a fan of foams either though. Too much of a pain to reset if you have to take them out every few minutes (Basically me if I’m around people). And for longevity reasons same as the Xelastec’s.

1 Like

My personal picks regarding tips:

1 Like

If not for your ( @nymz ) talking about them, I would not know about the AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal. Thanks !!

They are probably my favorite treble tip. The Crystal are not as sticky as Xelastec, and seem to wear better too.

The three different size packs are $28, $22 for 2 of a single size.
US Amazon links –

Final Series E tips are weird on pricing at Amazon, since they charge the same price for a 3 pack of one size vs a 5 pack with one of each size.

My protip is you want the 5 pack from Final, check out the Final E500. They come with the 5 pack, and are usually only a couple bucks more than the tips are. At that point you have some emergency IEMs for $2.

1 Like

Well after ordering another set of my fav tips from Amazon UK on 20th of Oct I finally have a delivery date 22-24 Nov :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Well this is a conundrum. I’ve always been big on Final Audio Type E’s tips for my IEMs but I tried them on the U12t and not only would they pop off but they didn’t sound good! After tip rolling I actually found the Spinfit CP100 to sound the best which I always find sound the worst on my other IEMs!

At any rate I ordered a measuring rig and I intend to measure my IEMs with different tips to see if there’s at least a statistically significant difference in FR especially with the same tips across different IEMs.

4 Likes

I have a question about Xelastec Tips.
Have anyone used them on Fiio FH3?
I’m afraid they won’t fit the wide nozzle.

For Spinfit CP100, I can just stretch the tip to fit.

But the Xelastec’s material feels it can break if you stretch it too much.
So if anyone has experience in using them with wide nozzle size IEMs (5.5 mm) please share your experience.

Thank you.

They do fit FH3 as far as I remember

1 Like

They fit and it doesnt break. Have tested in big bois like Variations, Land, RSV. You’re gucci :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These tips look interesting. I have the FH3 too. Would be interested to know what kind of sound you get out of them. Since the weather changed, I’ve been having trouble getting a good fit with the Fiio stock tips (grey with red core) that favor slightly more bass.

Do the sizes translate too?

You have to go 1 Size smaller on the Xelastecs.

I’m currently using them on my Blon Bl-03 and I love them so much.
They are wide bore so they reduce the bass a bit.

The thing I like the most about them is that they mold to the shape of your ears by your body heat and become a perfect fit.
The longer you wear, the more comfortable they get.
I can wear my Blons for 5-6 hours with no problem.

The material is sticky tho. They are earwax and dust magnets. Gotta clean them every 2-3 days with warm water.

1 Like

I tend to hold them in my palm, or in a pocket, for a while before I try to put them on an IEM. I don’t know if it matters, but they feel more pliable when warm.

1 Like

IIRC, they soften and achieve a more efficient seal when warmed by your body (usually the ear canal, but who knows how people use these nowadays…).

2 Likes

I’m struggling a bit with the fit on the Oxygen. I don’t have any problems with seal but they don’t feel very secure.
I’ve tried many tips but the best I’ve tried so far are CP100+ size large (I usually use medium) and stock tip in large.
Would going to a Spinfit CP360 for TWS with it’s shorter stem be helpful?
I’m limited in options because I don’t want wide bore tips because they change the sound too much, in a bad way.

I use Final Type E on them.

I’ve tried various sizes of Final E tips but it’s not better :frowning:

1 Like

That’s the nature of Spinfits. Long and soft stems => Not much security.

Something about CP360s feel even looser to me. I don’t know why. Maybe because I can’t go as deep with them.

Maybe something shorter with a stiff stem? Maybe Kbear 07s? Quite stiff stem, a bit shorter, and bore isn’t wide but still a bit bigger and doesn’t change much of sound. You can also try for Sony tips. Rather short stem.