Lets talk about your tips! ;)

@Billiam29 @Rikudou_Goku has it right. Like I said, I’m usually M/S and the M are definitely a little larger than I expected. But they are so comfortable it doesn’t matter quite as much as it would with other tips. I’ve been using them for a week now, and I’m already ready to say this will be my go to

3 Likes

Are you referring to the Xelastec? I’ve been curious about these but concerned some with long term durability. Also are they very sticky feeling? I wear my IEMs at work and often have to take them out to talk to people and I wouldn’t want it to be an unpleasant experience every time I have to take them out and put them back in.

Yes. They aren’t sticky to the touch, but almost always invert when I remove them quickly because of the grip/seal. I am probably using a size too big, but I would tend to think it is a “feature” of these tips. Only time will tell for durability and longevity, but they feel really sturdy. More so than Spin Fits

The concerns about the Xelastec durability is probably on how well they keep their…“stickiness” lol. Rather than durability itself.

I like the wide bore of the Sedna tips but I still struggle with comfort sometimes because of stiffness of the material, even with the light tips. I wonder if I should try the next size down and give the Xelastec a shot next time I want to try some new tips.

I haven’t tried the other Sedna tips, so I’m not sure they’re the same, but I think the gimmick with the Xelastec is they soften and contour as they warm up. So in my case, even though they are maybe a size too large, I completely forget them once they are in my ears. I’ve only used them on the u12ts so far and they didn’t change the sound from the stock tips I was still using, but I’d like to compare them eventually against my other iems with spin fits, spiral dots, etc.

1 Like

I’ve tried the Senda tips, and pretty sad that the “soft” tips were about the hardest fucking tips I’ve touched.

If you want soft, look into the Sony eartips. I’ve heard Final audio tips are similar, but don’t have them myself.

I’m really debating some Xelastec tips.

Yeah both the Azla tips I tried were extremely well built and seal well but they were not comfortable for me over a longer period because of how stiff they are. I really like the final E Series tips because they are very nice and soft. They are some of my favorite tips but they have a very narrow bore size and longer length so they don’t always work for certain IEMs. I’ve also tried the Spiral Dot ++ because they came with my FDX1. I love them on that set because they are super soft and have a nice tacky feel, but I’m demoing the Dunu Zen right now and the bore of the Spiral Dot is too wide and short for it. So I think what I’m looking for is something like the Final E with a wider bore, or Spiral Dots with a longer, more rigid bore to them. Sony might be the ticket. I need to research them a little more.

^^^ X2 The softest tips I have used and still use came with the Z1R’s but I can’t find them as an aftermarket option :disappointed_relieved: However the Sony EP-EX10A’s are pretty damn close in both softness and shape :+1:

1 Like

Yes, that is the case with the Xelastec. But for the normal sednas, getting the right size is very important since they are very hard (helps with fit but might not be as comfortable as some others).

I view the Sony tips (EP-EX11) as the budget version of the Type E´s.

I help you save some money. I dislike them :joy:

An alternative to spiral dots? Get the Radius Deep mount tips. More treble/airiness while at the same time reduces treble peaks better than the Spirals. I love them.

2 Likes

I heard nothing but positive things about the xelastec tips, but the moment I ordered them I’ve only heard people hating on them :confused:.
Luckily I also ordered the Sony ex-10a, so I hope at least one of those are nice.

I disliked them so…

The ex-ep10 and 11 should be the same. So that should be a good one.

I would still recommend you to get the elecom ehp cap 20 and the radius deep mount tips. They are great.

I think the grippiness of the xelastec may be a solution for the Tin T2’s that keep trying to escape. I like foam for their fit, but the expansion causes pressure which I don’t find comfortable.
What I dislike about the Sony’s (before even having them) is that you can’t buy then in a specific size, meaning you’re waiting 2/3 if what you’re paying for.

Wait what?

You should be able to pick your size.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/EP-EX11S-BQ1-EP-EX11-Earpiece/dp/B0086PXQIO

Ah okay, yeah locally I can order the ex-10a, but only in s/m/l multipack.

Well, I guess you know now. :joy:

1 Like

Well, I’ve been having a real struggle trying to find some eartips that will fit so far. Looks like a perfect thread for some advice.

I was originally excited to try different tips for sound quality purposes on the FD5 but now I’m just desperate to find anything that will seal well and not fall out at this point.

After much discovery, I’ve learned that my ears are pretty awkward, especially my right ear. I thought mediums for tip sizes was what I needed as I seemed to get a seal on the medium AirPods Pro sizes, according the in-app fit test. Now that I’ve been using these “normal iem” shaped tips, it seem to have… uh, stretched my ear opening or something and now even the large APP tips don’t pass seal test anymore on either ear. I started at medium and slowly over the initial week, I would have to go up a size, first on my right… then left.

As it turns out, my left ear needs a “large” size and… I guess my right needs an extra large(?) but I’ve yet to try any extra large so far.

So far I’ve tried:

Final E (large fits left but sorta unseals after awhile; doesn’t seal well in right and eventually just falls out.)

Spinfits CP145 (only tried medium; may need to consider large/xl, got these when all mediums tips were still sorta fitting fine)

Radius DeepMount (large fits left but again, right doesn’t seal at all unfortunately)

AzlaSedna Earfit Light (left fits well actually and really like the feeling; right does not fit at all)

I’m currently waiting on a ML pair for the above. Seeing as these are above average in size, I’m hoping this works. My only solution that sorta works currently is the included Fiio Vocal Large, at least for a hour or two before they fall out of the right ear until it has had a few hours break, ear compresses, and it fits again. It is also rather painful for some reason and this worries me for XL size tips.

I may have to consider foams. Not sure what size I would need. Getting a to be a rather expensive little adventure here unfortunately.

Edit: oh and those Xelastic seem interesting as well. They may be my last resort before foams. Foams are generally itchy for me for some reason; could be just a bad experience one time with cheap ones.

Guess you gotta pray that the Azla sedna tips works then.

I will mention that depending on how messed up your ears are. You could consider custom tips.

Here is a thread on it. Personally I got no experience with anything custom so don’t expect me to be able to help you lol.

Tip recommendations for the Moondrop Starfield? Thanks!

Final Audio Type E (bassiest)

Elecom EHP-CAP20 (balanced)

Radius Deep mount (most treble)