Lets talk about your tips! ;)

It’s funny too that my first IEMs were the cheap-ass Sony buds, and I just kept hoping on the next newest and cheap models… ended up with a mountain of Sony tips. :rofl: A few dead soldiers along the way, but some of them are holding up amazingly well.

My favorite tips. But I’m still debating ordering a Final Audio E1000 for the tips. :stuck_out_tongue:

Any idea how long silicone tips usually last for? I’ve been using and regularly cleaning my stock RHA MA750 tips from 2018 on my Starfields and B2 Dusk. Haven’t had a single issue so far.

No idea. I have never heard anyone’s silicone tips dying or something. So I assume they last for years.

In theory, they’ll last longer than you will as long as you don’t somehow dissolve them or cut them up.

The only time I have to put new Silicone tips is if they fall off for some reason. A pack of 1 size is less than 10$. If you really shop around and are cool waiting, you could get a bunch for cheap. I still have the same pack I bought years ago.

I ran the same Sony tips for like… 5 years. The same exact pair among different IEMs. They’re still kicking around in my tip-box.

The only reason why I don’t use them now is because I lost weight and now I fit several sizes bigger. :sweat_smile:

Honestly never had a silicone tip wear away with careful use.

After trying various recommendations from this thread I’ve settled on the Final Audio Type E silicon tips for my IEMs.

The L and XL sizes give my ears the right balanced of seal and comfort. I don’t have an exotic collection, but I’m running these tips on Blon-03, Tin T2, Ikko oh10, campfire comet, and Tin P1.

For some reason these tips seal my ear like a foam tip, keeping the good deep bass. But are more comfortable for me and easier to keep clean.

2 Likes

Has anyone else used replacement foam tips on the Earsonics Grace? I’ve got a pair on the way but I don’t think they’re coming with any tips, so I need to get some but not sure which to go with.

I’m looking at the dekoni foam tips but I’m unsure about the bore size for them.

Radius deep mount tips plus JVC FDX1 is love…it is life! :smiley:

2 Likes

Confused from UK…4 pairs of “swimming” tips :crazy_face:

Those are for sony’s waterproof earbuds lineup. I remember wanting to buy those because they look so cool, especially the one that has heart rate monitor lol.

Edit: found it

But not the one with heart rate monitor tho.

This one has a remote

Will we see these kind of earphone making a comeback? lol

1 Like

I take it you wear the buds under a swimming hat?

1 Like

Yeah. I think they have an internal storage and a remote.

1 Like

Maybe this is old news but it looks like Symbio tips are available on Amazon here in the US now. Wasn’t the case last I checked: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08N6XRPJG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_D9NX5RN937RMGCETBD32

2 Likes

… and there goes my money… but thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Never got on with them tbh, not as good sound wise as silicon’s and if you like foamie’s fit this ain’t that either so the worse of both to me.

I will say for comfort the sony foam hybrids are fantastic, sound wise, I’ve not looked too closely at it, but I’m glad I got a set now 100%. I really want to try the tanchjim tips as well, but they be pricey LOL

Yeah, the Sony EP-TC50 is quite a lot better than the symbio tips as far as hybrid tips go.

But still, Silicone master race. :smirk:

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that :+1:

4 Likes

I know I already posted this one from an another thread already but, I just want to say that these are very good and it surprised me that it improved the sound isolation I get from IEMs that I can use it with. Although, the benefits would have been much better if I went for size Medium-Small instead of just Medium, since it’s a bit big for my ear holes but they get in. I must say, I am impressed by these ear tips

2 Likes