Lets talk about your tips! ;)

Silicone is still my preference as well. Final E tips are the winners so far on the Zen. Still have an itch to experiment a little more though. I have the black version and I’m curious to try their clear version.

1 Like

Its just a bit more treble.
I say its better to get the Elecom EHP-CAP20 instead.

I’ll look into these. Are they a hard or soft silicone? I feel like the Final E hits that sweet spot for me where they aren’t too stiff but also not too flimsy. Spiral Dot ++ is a good feel too but the bore is too short and wide for the Zen.

A bit harder than the Type E´s.

For me, my top 3 tips are:

Final Audio Type E: bassiest

Elecom EHP-CAP20: most balanced

Radius Deep Mount: trebliest

3 Likes

Favorite for sound and comfort are the XELASTEC’s. By far.

Only downside is they require a lot more maintenance. For the first couple days of wear, before they’ve formed to your ears and are still a little firm, they can be sticky and it can be sort of difficult to wipe off dust/ear stuff off of them.

They’re also overpriced IMO, since occasionally they can distort and tear after prolonged use. Still my favorite tip ultimately - the only tip where (after the molding), it doesn’t feel like I’m wearing anything at all, while also sounding awesome.

2 Likes

I agree with that statement of them being overpriced and yes they are sticky, firm and can sometimes a bit difficult to get it in your ears, so breaking time is required to make it one of the best ear tips out there.

I am doing the process of breaking it in at the moment and so far the sounds that I get from these are top-notch once you get the hang of it in your ears.

Also I have heard that you should only clean it with water and never use alcohol to it, for it might cause some damage to the tips I think. But yeah, this would have been much more wonderful if the price is a bit lowered, like the SpinFits, imo the SpinFits are great for value.

Finally done it…a bit :grimacing: :pound: but curiosity killed the wallet…really needed to try these??? lol

4 Likes

Well they arrived, could’ve got a pair of Blon 03’s for the same money :grimacing:
Hopefully I’ll have some time this weekend to give them a try :+1:
Reassuringly expensive :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Where did you get them from? Cheapest way to Europe I could find was to buy from Linsoul for 19.90, every other possible option was way too expensive to import from abroad.

Amazon UK and yeah stupid money lol

I must say, they are worth it, although it’s makes more sense when the pricing of those are a little bit lowered since I have faced some issues that sometimes that the given pricing to those are not worth it. Overall though, it’s great to have it.

2 Likes

…Pain peko.

1 Like

What happened there buddy?

1 Like

Tried resetting it back to shape, but it got torn as I did it. Never again, I am sticking with my SpinFit CP145s or at least an alternative to that but more durable.

2 Likes

Yeah me too, the Xelastec are kinda meh for me…gonna stick to my Sony EX10A’s :+1:

1 Like

Nice, I appreciate more alternative ear tips. The Xelastecs are a good experiment as long as it works and not accidentally breaking it like an idiot like me. I think long-term there are better ear tips out there that are much cheaper and a good deal for the price.

I might want to look for those ear tips you have mentioned as well, and I hope they are good.

Just got the SednaEarfit in, these things are big. I use the Final E tips in M for my left ear and ML for my right, but the M of the SednaEarfit is at least as big as the ML of the Final E tips.
I prefer the feel of the Final E tbh, but at least I now have a nice collection to roll with if the urge/need arises.

Final E, SednaEarfit, Xelastex, Spinfit CP100, Sony Ep-ex10A and some random foams.

2 Likes

I guess I am super lucky as I’ve not had a real issue with the Xelastec outside of them getting dirty. They deform on the outer flange a bit for me, but the seal is always perfect since its not affecting the barrel/stem.

+1 Spinfit for ever! I can rarely get a complete seal with anything else.

1 Like

Which spinfit tip do you like for deeper insertion IEMs? And what size is the bore in comparison to something like the Final E?