Lets talk about your tips! ;)

I use whatever works… CP100 are my main go-to. They have thinner silicone vs CP145 and it seems to seal better for me.

A lot of tips will just fall right out of my ears including tips that a lot of people recommend. I wouldn’t be able to enjoy most IEMs without Spinfits.

Different IEMs have different insertion depths so you can’t simply say your ears are a L or S. Different IEMs will require different tip sizes. In addition, I also have found I need to change tip sizes on the same IEM at different times of the year. I think my ears are pretty dry. I probably clean them too often for my own good.

4 Likes

SpinFit CP145s are great for deeper insertion, and imo based on what I am hearing from my Starfields with those being used, the soundstage improved though the bass recessed a bit. Comfortable as well and sound isolation is just right, not as sound isolating fuckness as the CP240s but just right enough that you cannot hear your annoying sister talking all the time.

Deeper insertion IEMs, as in tips that are short to make up for that? CP360s. They’re pretty much CP100s just shorter in the stem, which are similar bore size to Final.

The Final Audio E Type ear tips that I have ordered earlier would be arriving soon, probably tomorrow or Tuesday this coming week.

There is an another one however that caught my eyes, and that would be the Radius Deep Mount, and I blame RikudouGokuou putting in his tier list at the highest, therefore I am planning to get one soon, too see if it’s true or not.

lol, keep in mind that tips are highly personal. So if it doesnt work for you, dont kill me. :joy:

2 Likes

No promises, jk :smile:

yo big thanks for all the tip recommendations you’ve given btw, has turned iems from being something i only use when i leave the house to something i collect because of how picky my ears are, love you lots xoxo

1 Like

Thank you for the trust

I am not even mad, I am just disappointed especially when I receive this order of Final Audio E Type ear tips from the ones I got the Koss KPH30is from, and they are very well received sellers online. I said 2 pairs of E Type ear tips not 2 pieces lol. I messaged them about the issue and I hope it can be resolved as soon as they can.

Also @Rikudou_Goku, your review about the E Type is mostly accurate, therefore I made the right decision giving it a try, though would have been much better if I got the exact amount of ear tips I ordered.

wow, thats bad. Where did you order them from?

Amazon should be a good place to get them from (I got my pairs from the E series though).

a Filipino-audiophile store called Scaramouche, they are chill and cool guys but I guess it is one of those days that they can sometimes mess up, for most of the time they have done me very well in the past, like no issues. I just hope they can resolve this by just delivering me an another pair.

Hopefully you get it resolved.

I hope so too, because I need to control my purchasing urges for a while since I am saving up for a thing that is part of my list at the moment and they are important for sound improvements.

What are you saving up for?

ifi Zen DAC, and I have not fulfilled that promise of me buying that shit back then. But this time, it’s for real! I am going to get it! the Koss KPH30i Clear can wait or any other headphones/IEMs that have been on my sights lately due to curiousity and interest.

I guess it depends on what source you are using right now. If you already have an entry level source, I wouldnt spend more on another. But if you are connecting stuff directly into the motherboard, then yeah go get it lol.

Yep, currently connecting everything into the motherboard. Also those Radius Deep Mount, they are next after I am done getting the Zen DAC.

:+1:

If you are getting the deep mount tips, you should also see if you can get the Elecom EHP-CAP20 tips (available from amazon japan).

1 Like

You son of a gun, you have given me quite possible one of the best ear tips ever when it comes to sound isolation, the second one would be the Final Audio E Types. Fits perfect well in my ears especially for my BL-05S.

4 Likes

Any recommendations for super soft tips? :pray:

Something about the shape of my ear canals are weird. :sweat_smile: The only tips that really work for me are those with thin silicone. As for a few examples:

Sony tips are perfect. Super soft, and soft texture. But the stems can be too short sometimes, and they work rarely on the IEM stems that they can grip well. For my Blons, they can sometimes just pop off.

Spinfits are nice and soft too, perfect seal! But the sticky silicone texture can leave my ears hurting after hours wearing them. Sony, no issues.

Final tips… outside texture is great, feel is good, but the silicone is a touch too rigid and I can’t get a good seal no matter what size. Stem length is good tho.

Sedna tips–always too hard, feels like jamming plastic in my ears, even their “soft” ones.

The stock tips from Blon are good, too (not the included Spinfit ones, a touch too small to maintain seal).

Lastly, some cheap-ass tips from true wireless buds work well too, especially if I want a shallow tip.