Lets talk about your tips! ;)

Xelastecs are about as soft as tips get, aside from foam. If you’ve never had a pair, I recommend going a half-or-full size smaller than you usually use for silicon tips.

3 Likes

I am guessing the Sedna tips include the xelastic ones. They are really soft, but a bit sticky, at least in my ears.

Honestly if you want the softest silicone tips the maybe the cheap KZ ones that come with a bunch of their IEMs might be what you want. The ones with a small cross cut star shape on top. Or the white ones from the DQ6 if you need a shorter stem. The silicone is so thin on them that it might be what you are looking for.

1 Like

This might or might not be soft for you, but if you can get a set of all sizes for you to try it, go get the Radius Deep Mount ear tips. Not sure if it’s going to work for you but if it does, you are in one hell of an experience if you have it in your ears. Comfort and Sound Isolation for me improved in a margin where I can give signs to people to not talk to me and let me listen to my music xD

1 Like

The Xelastecs were an interesting experiment and an excellent ear tips to have if it works for a long time, but that case for me of it working long enough to stay intact, didn’t really aged-well.

My go to ear tips right now would be the Final Audio E Types, those are just right for my ears, along with my SpinFits and Radius Deep Mounts.

Soft huh?

Get the jvc spiral dot++ then.

2 Likes

Just picked these up. ePro horn tips. Not a ton of info out there so I was curious. I know @Mufflertape has them and did a video on them a while back. Haven’t gotten to listen with them yet but I pulled them out of the package just to see. They are very soft, and fairly thin material. They are also on the longer side. I quickly test fitted them on my BL-03 and they felt comfy and secure (no small feat with the Blon). I’ll do some listening today and see how they effect the sound.

5 Likes

I tried these also. They didn’t fit every nozzle, but were very comfy when they did. My initial impression was favorable, but on Mangird Tea, for me, I couldn’t escape the sense that they caused some kind of dip…couldn’t exactly place what was missing, but something in mids or treble (I realize this is vague). Bugged me enough that I retired them. At the risk of sounding like a shill, Spinfit CP500 are similar in comfort and sound better for me.

1 Like

Purchased the medium CP100+. I wanted to share that these tips work really well with the Blon BL-03 giving that extra length that is needed.

I will say comparing these tips to the CP145, these will be slightly less low-end or overall dark sounding.

The tips inner ring that fits on an IEM is a bit more strong, which means it will grip better and stay on without it potentially coming off the IEM.

I tried small and medium CP-145 with different IEMs (KS1, BL-03) and I felt I lose all the low-end. could it be I failed seal my ears multiples times?! :thinking:

Sounds like a seal issue, the 03 is a bassy iem.

Bassy indeed, with the CP100. I should try again with the CP145, then.

Yea getting a complete seal will make all the difference.

What I usually do to know if I am not hearing the low-end for example clearly is by pressing down on the outside of my ear to check to see if there are any gaps and if the low-end then picks up.

Sometimes I will have to try a large size tip as well then say a medium size one.

Looking at getting myself some tips that aren’t final e tips, considering the fx11 spiral dots for my new iems. Are the sizes equivalent to E tips at all, or would I need to try a few spiral dot tips to see what fits me best with them?

I can wear M in both. But this also might depend on the insertion depth of your particular iem. Deep insertion might fit better with a narrower tip. Shallow with a wider tip.

The OG spiral dot has a wider nozzle bore than Final E and doesn’t play well with some narrow nozzle iems.

1 Like

Thanks, with my Earsonics Graces I tend to use L in my right ear and M in the left since they are much shallower insertion depth. But now I have the MMR Gas Bolg which is a lot deeper insertion, I seem to need M in both ears so looks like I’d be ok with going for some M size Spiral Dots.

Large E on top Large Spiral below both fit me fine :+1:

2 Likes

I need to try the Spiral Dots, but they tend to be pricey on Amazon. I have several tips, and usually settle on either a Spinfit or Final Audio Series E.

I have a full set of the spinfits CP100 but honestly they are not in my top 10 for comfort. I did just order the 155 to give them a chance.

1 Like

I am using a pair CP100 on an Aria today, and I will probably go back to the Final.

I think next week might be the rotation of foam tips. I think I have some Comply getting delivered this weekend, and I have some generics, Dekoni, and the light blue T2 Pro copies from Amazon.

Not really a fan of the foam tips. Also I thought the original T2 had the blue foam and the Pro had something else. My T2 definitely came with blue foam.

Also i am probably ordering another Final IEM since I hijacked my Aria’s type E tips to go on my new (to me) Oracle and need a new set. I use medium Finals for bullet style Iems and larges on my other style IEMs.