Lets talk about your tips! ;)

There is quite simple “mod” to fix situation when you have too short sleeve in tip and the earbuds nozzle is sufficiently long to compensate it. Just cut the sleeve of some useless tip to length and use it as spring tip stopper, so it won’t go further. One thing to note is your desired tips need to have stiff nozzle (like bgvp w01 for example), so they won’t collapse when squized while not supported sufficiently :slight_smile:

Anyone try the FAudio instrument tips? They seem very interesting and potentially a good pairing for my Penon Vortex

3 Likes

Yeah That’s where I heard about them from. I really like that site however a lot of tips on there are never talked about so I was hoping to see if others have tried them as well. I’m contemplating getting a bunch of tips so I might through this in the mix as well

They are pretty good and comfortable. Slightly mids focused.

The voice ones (black color) are actually a bit nicer and a tad more comfortable.

Great to know! I’m looking for something that will boost bass without too much added to mids so a mid focused tip probably won’t jive well for me.

has anyone tried Audiosense S400?
It’s been rated highly in this article but I haven’t seen many talks about it elsewhere …

I used S400 plenty of times and was my default for all sets at some point (T800, Tea, S12, KZ CRN, Mele, Olina, MEST).
The case is that it is great all rounder, but more of a jack of all trades, master of none, so in the end I found better fitting tip (physical and sound wise) for everything apart for Tea and T800. Mechanically it is great tip as it has very stiff stem and the cap part is not very squishy, but it lacks some grip as compared to something like MD Spring, xelastecs or even spinfit.
For the price though it is good to have in collection

1 Like

can you recommend something for Olina? I still haven’t found something that sounds good and is comfortable and fits well … I know it’s kinda personal experience but maybe you can help me.
I don’t mind the sound be 4/5 if the comfort and fit is 5/5 …!
CRA fits me well with almost every tip I put on it no matter the size :joy: but Olina seems picky
though I don’t have enough tips in my collections …

2 Likes

Shit, as I see on my sales pic of Olinas in the end I used S400 as well (I don’t have olinas since end of April), so those tips may have been better than I initially wrote :slight_smile: I thought I ended up with SpinFits CP100+, but now I am not so sure…
I also struggled a lot with tips for Olina in terms of fit (and seal, same with Mele), but in the end I was quite happy with what I had.

Just for clarification I sold Olinas due to the fact that I had too many IEMs which overlapped each other in my usage (much more expensive, ergo better). Olina is a beast of its own :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use cp100 to get the “neutral/default” sound, and cp145 a size below (that makes it S size for me, as I usually wear M sized tips) to achieve deep insertion and get more bass extension.

1 Like

:+1: - CP100 L on Olinas here as well.

3 Likes

I have tip rolled a lot, and I like the following:

• Kbear07
  • Final Type E
  • BGVP W01. The E01 is a copy of Final E tips
1 Like

thank you all for suggestions…!
currently using L sized KZ tips. its a bit large … but M was too small. glad that I see CP100 because just bought it yesterday and waiting for it to arrive. It was easy to get locally. I hope it fits me well. otherwise I have to import some…

The Vivid edition from Azla gives more treble and vocals to my Airship, though the downside of using this is that it makes the bass a bit weak for my tastes. Would still use it though, on my IEMs that are too warm for my tastes.

3 Likes

Well, I’'ve tried many (but not all) the tips people seem to like… Spinfits, Azla, the new Moondrop ones, Final e-tips, and others, but the ones that best fit my dinky ears so far are the ePro horn tips (small size). A pair came with the Penon Vortex, and felt most comfortable of all the tips I’ve tried… good sound, too! So I ordered two more pairs from Amazon for my small collection of IEMs. (They have the added virtue of not being as expensive as some of the others, also.)

2 Likes

Hey @nymz can I ask you an update on this post? specifically to be used on Olina.
recently got CP100 but I feel the sound lacks body and stage depth compared to my KZ Starline (current favorite.) but the problem with KZ is that the M is a bit small for me and L is a bit large…!!
stock Olina tips aren’t that comfy.
I was considering Epro tips. have you tested them enough after this post?

They are clunky for me and I’ve dropped them, but I have the EP00 which are the long ones. On Olina I like BGVP W01 and A07. Spinfit also work good for me.

For stage depth I always prefer wide to semi-wide bores.

Edit: double filter olina, not stock. On stock I like CP100 and Final E.

1 Like

Has anyone tried the new Spinfit W1 tips?

They seem very similar to the CP100+ other than the new core design.

On Facebook groups they get a lot of praise fron people from Singapore and China (as azla Xelastec without its’ main flaw of being the black hole for all shit and dust from 10 meters around). But I cannot see it available anywhere for me

1 Like