đŸ”¶ Letshuoer S12

Tubes and cats don’t go well together 
 I have been using a Voxengo plugin for APO when I feel the need for some tube sound.

Nah just Nah
what’s your source?..and cats :man_shrugging: MT-602/04’s don’t get that hot if worried put the 604 in a cage lol :+1:

1 Like

Based on that comment, I am not sure if I am supposed to put the cats or the tubes in the cage :wink:

During the workday I typically use a BTR5. I like the BT support, and the ability to have a phone connected at the same time.

In the evening, I sometimes use a DIY amp that I built myself, using an Apple dongle as a DAC. It is very close to the same sound as the BTR5, but with more power. I only have 2.5mm balance input on it currently. It started out as an experiment to see how simple it really was.

3 Likes

The Tubes lol
Love cat’s too :+1:

1 Like

If I were to go with the 604 for home use, what DAC would you pair with it?

I tend to work on a laptop a couple days a week, so if I am reluctant to go tubes or desktop in general. I am thinking about a Topping NX7, but not sure if I want an amp only style like that.

I use it with my DX312 so not too sure?..there is this though :man_shrugging:

1 Like

At LONG last, finally got my S12. It sounds absolutely sublime as a budget set, besting every budget LETSHUOER sets I’ve heard (including my trusty OG Tape), and doesn’t leave too much to be desired against my EJ07. I’ve tested it on my desktop rig (Modi 3+ and Neve RNHP) and my OnePlus 5 3.5mm out. For my OnePlus I have to push the volume to about 80% for my normal listening level. Foam tips works the best for me, and the sound signature drives me to listen to more and more modern pop that benefits from a V or even U shaped IEM.

10 Likes

Am I missing something? The shuoer account “finally” got their S12 and gives their impression? There may be a normal human being behind that account, but even with a big grain of salt I can’t really take it seriously
 isn’t this a huge conflict of interest and dubious or am I missing something?

4 Likes

Yes, my first impression was that someone forgot to change account (like Kevin Durant once did on twitter) :stuck_out_tongue: On the other hand Shuoer customer service representative on discord is really personified - he talks on what tips he uses etc, so that may be one particular, real person’s opinion.

It’s probably Joseph being himself, which I appreciate because he’s awesome in general and doesn’t shy away from pointing out LETSHUOER weaknesses either, but I get why it’s better to do so on another account.

1 Like

I think it’s just Joseph himself @shuoer 
 It’s the dilemma of being on the marketing team and the PR manager, but is located in Canada than the HQ in Guangdong, China

Well, company use slow mail, and took a month to get here to Vancouver. Yes it’s Joseph, the down to earth rep that would say “my condolences” whenever someone told me they have Tape Pro or Singer (who also have never heard of 07M, Conductor and 09). Well, back to S12 - hats and crash can get tinny and metallic especially if you listen to compressed records. I find it works the best with metal music, and worst with podcast imo, mainly because metal, for those that I listen to, have a tendency to attenuate the hats and crash in the final mix. Podcast is bed because they tend to come right close to the mic for the proximity effect, and tss and pops can be further pronounced by the treble bump. Will try to EQ it out tonight. Bass and mids I feel like except for holographic-ness, is not leaving much on the table compare to my EJ07 CIEM.

12 Likes

Wait, you guys prefer me doing it in another account? I could, but it’d be a slight nuisance since I have to switch between accounts on HFG.

And the best brand PR in the game :person_shrugging: never change

5 Likes

I personally would not want you to change one bit lol, but I also don’t want to speak for others here.

3 Likes

Given that you’re an actual person in the hobby, and not some faceless, souless corporate account I have no qualms with your username. Just glad that you’re here and enjoying it along with us!

4 Likes

So what’s your personal favorite if you don’t mind me asking? I decided to go with the black EJ07m but almost got the OG 07

1 Like

My favorite is EJ07. Granted I haven’t heard the Conductor, 07M and 09. Other than that S12 becomes my favorite budget LETSHUOER product.

7 Likes

Try the micropore tape mode . For me it fixed everything

If you keep using the shuoer account at least your association is transparent, I guess, which would be preferable. Nothing personal btw.

1 Like