šŸ”¶ Letshuoer S12

haha love it. Have you seen these before? Tuning paper. In case you want a more aesthetically pleasing tape mod haha

1 Like

Itā€™s a fun hobby. Thanks for the info about the tuning papers.

1 Like

Good job :call_me_hand: S12 is a beast :grimacing:

2 Likes

but doesnā€™t it cause pressure build up and suction feeling? correct me if Iā€™m wrong but also it may enclose the sound stage

Are these air-permeable? Because my first taping test Iā€™ve done was with some random fine pore filter I had lying around which had no effect. The seal has to be tight.

Interesting. I think they are somewhat permeable. Akros has a vid on using them to modify bass on Blon BL03, so it does work for that IEM: HZsound HeartMirror - How to modify Bass Output TUTORIAL - YouTube. Not sure if itā€™s different with planar drivers?

Iā€™ll stick to what we call Tesafilm for now.

:laughing: I can imagine the designer at Shuoer right after he sees this.

3 Likes

Think Iā€™ll wait until theyā€™re back on hifigoā€¦donā€™t want to bugger about with taxes etc.

1 Like

I donā€™t think @PopinTeddy and @Morphitsu had to deal with VAT and customs, but maybe they were luckyā€¦I sincerely hope I donā€™t get snagged!

1 Like

Hype Train

Yeah, UK no VAT no customs for me.

1 Like

is Shuoer Audio Store on aliexpress their store or just someone using their name?

The case is (at least for Poland, but I believe it is common for all EU countries), that below 150$ net of cost the VAT should be added to price and paid at the initial payment directly to the buyer. Above that you should pay it on import at your customs.

It is written at Shuoer site that tax is not included, but still I think it may be some kind of overlook that makes it go through the customs automatically

2 Likes

Per previous discussion on their Discord, I believe so. Paging @shuoer for confirmation.

No, itā€™s our store alright. You buy there, you can deal directly with me if your set got issue

3 Likes

For tax, DM me on Facebook or Discord.

2 Likes

Yes. Exactly.

3 Likes

Great. Iā€™ve got a set of s12 on order. :grinning:

3 Likes

Itā€™s just for science. Iā€™ll remove the tape sooner or later :laughing:
If Iā€™m in the bass banging mood Iā€™ll use my ISN H40 anyway.

2 Likes

S12 seriously messed up my hearingā€¦ I have been listening to it nonstop since I got it few days ago. And now I just did a quick sweep through MEST, Tea, EJ07m, KZ ZEX (tape mod):

• MEST is sharp af without EQ, had to turn down the volume.
  • Tea and EJ07m held their positions well, but really just slightly, both win in the higher frequencies with cleaner separation and a tad wider stage.
  • KZ ZEX (tape mod) just sounded cheap and dark with a weirdly congested treble thatā€™s harsh from time to time.

S12 is crazy impressive with the buttery smooth presentation, thereā€™s really no sharp spots and the bass is lively, bouncy, energetic, and fast with a very generous 3D holographic rumble.

21 Likes

I am gonna buy s12 just sucks a bit they only offer 4.5 not 2.5mm, I will have to use damn adapter /:

3 Likes