Looking for smaller IEM than my FH3

Hi folks,

currently using FiiO FH3 but not getting a good seal on the right ear as these fuckers are just too big to fit properly. These are my first IEMs in that size category. Before that I used simple ear-buds. Are there any IEMs that are somewhat smaller you would recommend? 100-150 USD ballpark. Not into V-Shaped or basshead stuff.

Cheers

Final E1000,2000,3000 and 4000 are all small with differing sound sigs :+1:

2 Likes

Final E2000 will not be for you, it’s V shaped and warm sounding with strong bass.

1 Like

Blon BL05. It’s relatively small and light and fits really well. The sound signature might be to your liking too.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. That might be exactly what I was looking for. Going to order the E4000 and see if those will do.

My outer ears definitely get irritated with the FH3’s shape as well. I’ve started favoring single driver IEMs, because the compact shape of something like the BLON BL05 ($40) is far more comfortable for me. I’m saving up for the Sennheiser IE300’s some time, those are also in the same form factor.

The Thieaudio Legacy line is also uncomfortable for me, but I keep my FH3 around because it’s just got that lovely sound.

BLON BL05 recommended, less of the low end but everything else is fantastic.

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah. With the crinacle target they are lovely indeed but I can’t listen to them without eq… another reason to move on :wink:

1 Like

Moondrop SSR is my favourite in that category, nice and cheap, diffuse field (brighter tuned with slightly less than neutral bass) and very tiny. Also they come in a variety of colours :wink:

1 Like

This is mostly why I’ve stuck with my Blon 03s… sound is on-point and they fit me well (with Spinfits/Sony tips and Yinyoo cables). 03s probably too bassy for ya, though.

I would recommend trying one of Moondrop’s Starfield/Aria models, but maybe not after the latest marketing fiasco. :-1:

Lot of impressions about Mele say they fit similar to Moondrop’s DD models, but are lighter (and cheaper). That sounds like gold to me, but I’m waiting for the new colorway to release (and more impressions/reviews as I’m finicky).

Final are great for being small. They just couldn’t stay in my ears. :man_shrugging:

The custom-style IEMs like Thieaudio are good too. The top part messes with the shape of my left ear, but otherwise very comfortable with the right tips.

2 Likes

Thanks for heads up on the Blon 03s… I guess I have to try the Etymotic ER2XR.

1 Like

that was exactly what I was about to post and point out to you!

also, and they are a bit more money, the Grado IEM’s are quite small too and well reviewed.

1 Like

Yeah. I will order from Amazon in case I can’t deal with them either…

1 Like

So after some back and for what Etymotic ER2 modell I should get I ordered the XR version. Should be here on Monday and will update for a frist imporession.

Going to test with my Asgard 3 and the Hidisz S9 dac/amp dongle.

Why not Mele? They sound better, fit better than the Blon Bl-03 and have a much better cable for only 50 bucks. Actually WAAAY better fit than the Blon.

4 Likes

Wow a beautiful photo :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks. I share my photos with Linsoul. They use them on their social media.

They love these as well…

1 Like

Wow, I love those photos! :hugs:

They should pay then for those beautiful photos :grinning:

Look at that tiny logo :blush:

1 Like

It’s all for the fun of the hobby. :slight_smile:

All kidding aside, the Mele should be on every IEM enthusiasts list. It’s a no brainer.

3 Likes

So guys and gals I recieved th Etymotic ER2XR today and I am enjoying them a lot. Great fit and great tuning without eq. Glad I went with the XR and not the SE version.

So far only tested with a Hidizs S9 and UAPP playing flac files on my phone. Will test with the Asgard 3 on the weekend.

3 Likes