Looking for XLR microphone setup

Yes the headphones into the um2, and then press the direct monitor button. There is a headphone volume control on the unit as well. You just want to verify that you have a strong signal and that you are not clipping at the same time

What is your windows volume set at right now?

No sound through the UM2 when I plug in my headphones. Sound was coming from realtek digital output, so I set that to default as well, but no audio

You can’t hear yourself? Is the direct monitoring button pressed on the um2 and the headphone volume control near the gain turned up?

There is no sound period from the UM2 when I plug in my headphones. I have a yt video playing. I also turned the gain up for the output

Ok so then is it set as default in Windows sound under playback? I mainly wanted you to switch so you could use it for latency free monitoring for the time being

yeah under the one where the sound was coming from because the bar was moving up and down so I set that one to default

So you also can’t hear yourself though the headphones either?

Oh yeah I guess I can haha it was difficult to tell. OOOh okay my voice is louder now I turned the output up more.

So that works, so in the windows playback menu, what device is the interface called

Realtek Digital Output

It should be called something else I believe. If you could list off the devices that would be great

It’s probably the last item, the USB Audio CODEC device then.

So right click on the Speakers USB Audio CODEC and enable it

Also make sure it is set to 16 bit 44.1khz with Windows sound enhancements disabled

ahh there we go now I can hear video. Okay I just did what you said.

Yeah so you can use the headphone out on there to check your mic without using the windows listen and speech jamming your self

So am I just going to be using the UM2 for now on for my headphones?

You can if you want, or you can continue using your other output. If you want, you can use the um2 as a dac and hook it up to your amp (you have an amp right or am I getting confused)

I have a liquid spark. That is what my headphones were connected to before 10 minutes ago. I only have one set of rca cables though. It is currently connected from my pc to liquid spark.

You could take some rcas and connect the spark to the RCA outs on the um2, and then use it as a dac, and you would still be able to enable and disable direct monitoring too (I think). You just get the benefit of a potentially cleaner dac then your motherboard audio