Magni 3+ and Magni Heresy

Right. Suppose that simply leads to the conclusion that the real difference maker is really the headphones themselves.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a big believer that the goal is neutrality.

These ā€œbudgetā€ clean SS amps all have relatively neutral signatures, enough power and low enough output impedance that what your really hearing is the headphones.

Amps do have sweet spots in terms of volume levels at which they perform best (at least for class AB designs), so you can have too much power, some rare headphones can be very picky, and it probably has to do with how well the amps handle big swings in impedence.
But outside of that pick a headphone you like, and an amp that will drive it, enjoy it and see what you want to do next.

Itā€™s easy with all the information available to get overwhelmed trying to pick the ā€œbestā€, and your just missing out on the enjoyment of listening to a system thatā€™s ā€œgood enoughā€.

1 Like

When I hear the word, heresy, I just think of the NIN song :slight_smile:

is there a main difference between the MAGNI HERESY and MAGNI 3+? was this already covered? lol

To sum up what has been said, the heresy is in the same vein as the archel or atom, being fairly transparent leaning on analytical, and at times can be indistinguishable from the aforementioned amps.

The 3+ follows more of schiitā€™s traditional sound but is further refined although I gather that compression could still be an issue from reviews (I havenā€™t heard it for myself yet)

My SMSL DAC/Headphone amp is taking a shit so i ordered 3+ At the time i couldnā€™t really decide and wasnā€™t sure if it would make that big of a difference so i went with the standard. Anyway, iā€™ll let you guys know how it is. problem is I donā€™t feel like my headphones are good enough to make use of it.

The review says the Herasy uses ā€œfeed-forward error correctionā€. That sounds like they copied the THX AAA circuitry, no?

Nice, let us know how it works out:+1:

What headphones do you have?

Not really, but it may be in the similar in concept

hmm sounds interesting. why would you pick the 3+ @M0N

Like why would I choose it? If I wanted a more fun signature (as I most likely would for enjoyment purposes), otherwise I would go with the heresy. It also depends on the headphone for which I would decide to get

1 Like

I received the heresy yesterday and have been comparing it to my atom all day today and I canā€™t hear a difference. Which is nice cause I already have a modi 3 so now I have a proper schiit stack. I also like how the black and red looks on top of the silver modi.

2 Likes

Cool, so the heresy is pretty much just a more powerful atom. Good to know

Can you post a photo please?

4 Likes

Makes we want to buy it for the black and red color schemeā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m slightly bummed you canā€™t get the Heresy in Silver/Brushed. Iā€™d honestly probably go black if it didnā€™t have the red highlights. An all black/grey stack would look like and clean.

Also - New and in the market question: I know ā€œeveryoneā€ stacks these little guys vertically but if one has the space wouldnt they do best (cooler) side-by-side?

1 Like

I donā€™t see an issue using them on their side, should be fine

Sorry i mean right-side-up but next to each otherā€¦ like DAC left, Amp right. So that heatā€™s not affecting each other as much. Granted the hotter of the two (Amp) is on top normally so i guess itā€™s moot lol.

Sorry lol yeah no problem there lol

1 Like