Magni 3+ and Magni Heresy

Technically speaking yes, but the modi 3 is always cool to the touch and the Magni 3 normally feels cool to the touch our about room temperature.

You could stack the amp on top so the vents aren’t partial blocked and heat rises. I wouldn’t worry about the heat with a modi/Magni stack

1 Like

Ok i wasn’t sure how hot the Magni ran… could have sworn someone on YT (or one of the forums) said they’d get real warm like the Liquid Spark.

Some 3+/Heresy testing going on here too: https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/magni-3-heresy-and-3-blind-listening.8663/

My heresy has been on since Friday and is about room temperature. Definitely stays cooler than the liquid spark, that thing got hot enough to cook an egg on top of it lol

Lol oh man… when i heard about that with the LS it scared me. I know a little heat is fine… but super hot electronics always freak me out. Maybe it comes from my PC building background lol.

What’s the turn-around time (from order to delivery) when ordering in the states from Schiit? Is there any point to purchasing on Amazon… seems more $$? People paying for quicker shipping?

I ordered mine on the 4th and received it on the 6th. I live about 3 hours away from their warehouse.

1 Like

That’s quick! Bummer on the other side of the country on the East coast.

The liquid spark is warm to the touch, not hot enough to cook an egg…lol that’s a bit of an egg -xaggegeration. I’ve run mine constantly for days when I first got it because Cavelli recommend a burn in.

The Magni is cool. It’s degrees cooler than the Spark.

The Sp200 just for reference gets about as warm as the liquid spark on the case above where the power supply is mounted. The other half of the case is cold to the touch.

2 Likes

Thanks. They look great. I also have modi 3 and magni 3. I am also hoping to buy Heresy. But I was thinking about black modi 3. But silver looks very good.

can confirm shit stays warm but never hot. unless you live outside and have it under direct sunlight the LS should never run hot

Liquid spark was hot in my experience too. I was somewhat concerned about its long term lifetime. And also, I was worried if the sound might change when it is hot than what measurements and others say.

Honestly I don’t think it gets that warm to worry about it tbh. Just because something gets warm does not mean it’s going to fail (unless that unit was not reported to run warmer)

1 Like

It’s the nature of the designs.
If they aren’t amplifying something they have to dissipate the power as heat.
The Schiit stuff at least never gets hot. I don’t leave my Jot on, but it probably wouldn’t hurt and would save me the 5-10 minutes it takes to get stabilized after you turn it on.

Yeah, if you can cook an egg on it or actually burn yourself then it’s a problem (unless you are touching a heated tube, and in that case I ask the question, why). If it was designed to be that temperature, operating at that temperature isn’t going to damage it or reduce it’s lifespan

I think the same. I think I was worrying without a good reason. And it is not crazy hot. Definitely can touch. But much hotter than magni 3.

Did you find Heresy sound enjoyable? Especially with modi 3 combined?

Definitely, sounds about as refined as the atom too.

1 Like

ASR measurements and review is out for Heresy.

Well that’s good to hear, but I don’t know about his final conclusion just dismissing the 3+ but then again it’s all about the measurements over there

Yeah i thought the other initial reviews all sided on the 3+? Does that one just “sound” better for some reason?

Well, that site really focuses down on measurements over actual listening. The heresy is much preferred over there for it’s numbers, and not how it actually sounds tbh. I will assume it sounds just like the atom, so transparent and great, but the 3+ just seems like the more fun sounding amp to me

3 Likes