Metal music thread & IEM for it

In my opinion, without having done direct A/B, Svanar is definitely an upgrade in almost everything - better stage, more refined treble, more textured bass, good mids and most importantly - dynamics and resolution are better. Svanar are also more comfortable. But overall it is a bit expensive for DD.

1 Like

New CCA is coming soon 4BA+2DD

Can anyone guess where my vote went :sunglasses:

PENON QUATTRO
4 Dynamic driver audiophile In-ear earphone IEM

6mm custom dynamic driver for High frequency x 1

8mm graphene diaphragm for Medium frequency x 1

10mm composite diaphragm for Low frequency x 2

Impedance: 16 Ohm

Sensitivity: 100dB

Frequency response: 5-30kHz

5 Likes

4 DDs to cover parts of the whole spectrum? Interesting! Done right could be highly musical experience but I’ll stay kind of sceptic.

3 Likes

The size of drivers makes more sense than CF’s Trifecta with it’s 3x10mm DD driver config…maybe in the future a 12mm, 8mm and a super tweeter now that could be :fire:… Interested to see how this works out for sure :+1:

Head-Fi shiller’s (no names necessary) be like…

5 Likes

lets go oilers

1 Like

:chopsticks:

Shiller`s activated :smiling_face_with_tear:

I tend to think the Mangird Tea MkII is the ideal IEM for metal. It is a bit V-shaped, but the treble is well controlled, and the DD has some nice slam to it. They have great stage and imaging.

If you want something a bit less expensive, I think Kailua is my favorite pick under $100.

2 Likes

I love this with metal

5 Likes

:chopsticks: :ok_hand:

One of the very well mastered albums and my favorite band.

:frog:

1 Like

Oriolus Monachaa Quad Dynamic IEM
DSC09764_670x446

1 Like
1 Like

When Jupiter is the new Prestige, but for $300 more
3a9d3316072507a4e73558174522f7fc0aadd0cb_2_538x500
:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
Who said tuning is free…? :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :frog: :shushing_face: :shushing_face:

1 Like

Um…yeah, that’s not going to be cheap :grinning:

1 Like
3 Likes

I was really enjoying this with the Castor Black tonight. Proof that you can have a good experience with a cheap IEM. Full price they are $16, which is insane.

2 Likes