Metal music thread & IEM for it

its def a fun set… it almost somewhat identical to the IE600 graphically. I am not a fan of harsh or sibilant so that was why i was curious as to how you guys listen to metal. I am under this idea of “I am missing out”

so just out of curiosity… What IEM would you use for metal music since it seems pretty specific on what one should look for.

for reference. do you think you could post what a good graph would look like for metal music?

1 Like

Yes, it’s definitely not as detailed as the Z12. I haven’t heard the S08, but I imagine it would be great for metal as well. Laid-back IEMs with a smooth treble roll-off, like the Explorer and S08, are great for metal music IMO because they soften the harshness of high-frequency content from cymbals and other instruments which helps reduce listening fatigue for extended listening sessions.

In my opinion, neither of them (Explorer or S08) is the best option for metal music. but at that price point, I don’t know of any better or more comfortable-sounding IEMs for metal.

1 Like

I am curious, which IEM would you recommend for metal under $150? And if there is no price limit, which IEM would you choose for metal? I’m talking about IEMs that sound great for metal right out of the box without any EQ adjustments. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Thanks atech I appreciate the input. Not going to lie. . I was very much was also interested in the MYER-AUDIO CKLVX D41 you had on your list, but man I can’t lie how tricky this hobby is. Especially when you see reviewers love it and then some trash it. Def makes it hard to decide.

I am also curious to know what sovran would suggest.

1 Like

You’re welcome, man. You can call me Axel. Here’s my opinion about the CKLVX D41: It sounds great and even has the treble extension that the Explorer lacks. The problem for me was the fit, there’s a high part near the nozzle that pushes it out of my ear. But in terms of sound quality, it’s excellent: smooth yet detailed. When I want an opinion on something, I usually read/watch a few reviews and distill the common points. Preferences and the music genres you listen to also play a big role, as we all have different tastes.

1 Like

any thing thats similar to those eq i posted, but you will get stuck at one tuning if you wanna buy an earphone.

i don’t know, most stuff are tuned v shaped or u shaped because most listen to main stream songs or kpop. if you are ok with those tunings then anything would work.
i personally would choose a cheap tws that got good prices and sales in my country and eq it how ever i want.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me.

1 Like

2 Likes

First impressions - this thing is the king of IEMs under $500. Don’t buy anything more expensive than around $500. This IEM crushes everyone.Superb tuning and very good technical specifications. Small companies make hidden gems.

2 Likes
1 Like

which IEM is this?

Myer Audio CKLVX D41

1 Like

Damn! I hesitated on this set when it was on sale just based on how bad it was trashed by one person. That’s on me tho.

IMO few IEMs achieve the balanced tonality of the CKLVX D41. This is one of the rare IEMs where I wouldn’t change a thing about its sound. It has excellent tuning, technicalities and never sounds shouty or sibilant. I just wish it had a better fit and an easier name, LOL! Enjoy this hidden gem :musical_note: :drum: :guitar: :grinning:

2 Likes

CKLVX D41 and Pula PA02 is the same iem. So look for both iems when searching for lowest price.
Myer audio confirmed both Pula and Juzear are from them.

2 Likes

Have you listened to both recently and can confirm that they sound exactly the same? Thanks for the heads up

1 Like

No I haven’t personally, but Akros confirms it in this vid:

3 Likes

Look what just dropped today, another symphonic metal masterpiece from Visions Of Atlantis

Visions Of Atlantis - Pirates II

4 Likes