Metal music thread & IEM for it

Thanks for sharing. Will give it a listen today.

1 Like

:fire:

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

:1st_place_medal:

1 Like
1 Like

When I see this, I am surprised since the Zero2 sounded horrible to me. It had some bass, not enough, and the quality was actively bad. I am reminded that this hobby is subjective, and Chifi QC is sus.

I have the Explorer, and the S08 coming later this week. I wonā€™t get a chance to A/B them until at least Sunday. The S08 is very close in tuning to the original short bus mod, which I did to my S12 a while back. I think the Explorer is going to be smoother, but I am looking forward to the planar sped in that low pinna tuning with the S08.

That explains why I find most V-shaped sets too bright for metal. Most of the metal I listen to is from the 80s and 90s ( Iron Maiden and Metallica ). I listen to far more classic and prog rock, plus some yacht rock when the mood strikes, but those are mostly pre-1990, and sound mixing was taken more seriously in all three of those genres.

Wanted to say the first part, and thanks for comfirming that Juzear was also them.

4 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for the rec.

1 Like

Samoan metal. I like the percussion on this one the most.

5 Likes

Something brutalā€¦

3 Likes

The first unit I bought had some issues with the cable or something, and it didnā€™t sound good at all. I reached out to the seller on Amazon, and they sent me a replacement. This one sounds fine, but itā€™s not better than the Chu II. Honestly, it just sounds okay. When I consider the price, Iā€™d say itā€™s good, but itā€™s definitely not as good as the Delci, 4U, or EA500 LM. Thereā€™s a noticeable difference in sound quality between them.

2 Likes

Metal is never the same to me after listening to these guys.

Also yeah, I am waiting for the Letshuoer S08s to arrive, and give this song a whirl to listen to with it in my ears at some point.

3 Likes

Meshuggah are one of the few bands that make things stunning :ok_hand:

2 Likes

:volcano:

They probably spent more time in vfx rather than music. Is it consistent metal nowadays?

1 Like

This track delivers on many levels. Enjoy, guys.

1 Like