Meze Audio 109 Pro

Indeed, this all reminds me of sportscasters and their pre-game conjectures and “analyses” lol. All I know at this point is early “me first reviews” seem positive and they are gorgeous…IMO. :wink:

I swear I’m gonna go mental, last time I reply, i don’t mind if meze make more or less money, you guys are all trying to justify the price tag(to me for some reason) by saying it’s either the build, the driver tech or the R&D, no you can’t justify the objective worth of this product with it’s cost, cause there are tons and tons of similar products sold for much less, I literally don’t care, I get some people will pay 20x times the price something is worth if it’s 10% better, I get people will pay a thousand dollar difference for A meze elite over an empyrean when they’re the exact same build, I get people will pay $500 for a 660s when a 6xx is $200, a product is worth what people will pay I get it, there are paintings sold for hundreds of millions I get it.

BUT these don’t have anything on them that makes them worth $800 in objective costs for the consumer, not in this planet where apple is selling a super high tech aluminum, Bt headphone with a custom processor for less, where hifiman is selling 100mm drivers for $500, and where MEZE is selling a headphone with 90% the same build for $300

If you think the price tag is worth it cause it’s your perfect headphone design or cause it’s a small boutique manufacturer you wanna support, or you just like it, cool, I get it, Power to you, stop trying to convince me.

And for the love of god read the whole comment before answering with something I already listed here omg…(inb4 it’s a smol company), sorry if I sound too pedantic but I already answered the same thing in like 5 different posts lol

If it sounds good it sounds good and people will pay, cool! :v:

Dude, you’re only going to go mental because you’re driving yourself crazy.

This is a hobby where if you wanted to buy a $20 IEM and be done, you’d have pretty freaking good sound.

If you want to pay $20k for a headphone, you are OBVIOUSLY not paying for $20k in sound quality. Every argument you’re making is baked into every single conversation about audio equipment. What they are discussing is what COULD make this worth $800 for them. You don’t have to backflip in to prove they’re wrong.

That shouldn’t be the point of the hobby. So just take a break from this thread for now, cause it’s not helping anybody.

4 Likes

Ok I think we all need to pull the reigns back here. This is not a gang up on @ragecandy, and I apologize if it seems that way. It’s just a bunch of hobbyists and enthusiasts expressing their opinions, remember it’s their own personal opinions. It’s @ragecandy opinion that this may or may not be worth it’s price at all or atleast from their initial impressions of product. That is fine and we need to respect that. We can offer our opinion as to why it may or may not be worth it, but let’s not attack the other person for an opposing position on the matter. We don’t have to be complete snowflakes but we can atleast have some decency here.

2 Likes

Dammit i was just about to pull out my brass knuckles and mouth guard

1 Like

I’ll allow it if you swap out the brass to copper to more align with the materials of the 109. Lol :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I got to listen to these at High End Munich and I really liked what I heard. I would love to spend more time with these.

1 Like

Wouldnt you say gold is matchs better?

I’m not sure if the fixtures on this are gold. They look like they might be copper. Atleast that’s what I think it is. I know the 99s had gold. But I could be wrong here

Excited to read some impressions in the thread once some forum denizens get their hands on them! DMS and Resolve both seemed smitten in their first impressions video, so I’m excited to hear how they stack up with the established sets in the 800~1200 range.

Glad they didn’t reinvent the wheel with the design. The 99 Classics are one of the best looking and most comfortable headphones at any price in my opinion. The 109 look to be higher grade materials and even more polished in execution, so that’s a win in my book.

I think I’m set on a used 800s or 8xx for my first open backed dynamic, but these do peak my interest. I’ve wanted an 800 series since I was 14 and had to save quarters for my first porta pro, so I’m pretty locked in. The linear bass down low and mentions of a unique soundstage do make me wish I could try them out.

1 Like

A bit off topic, but if I replace the audio gear with ‘buying an air fryer & cooking methods’, I can empathize with the logic of your argument dearly.

I want to save up and buy the 109s for the comfort, but I’m scared of it’s tuning not being to my taste. This was a good wake-up call for me to be satisfied with what I got on the cheap.

What are your tastes? There are a ton of headphones that we could recommend for you.

Can you demo these at an audio store?

Any owners here yet?
I might pick them up in a couple of weeks but it seems that there aren’t many reviews out yet.

Mine are in the mail but it’ll probably be close to a month before I get them.

1 Like

I’m currently budgeting over the next two months for them, hopefully have them before Christmas.

1 Like

I’ve gotten it yesterday. These are pretty great overall. Like what DMS and Resolve said, airy treble. These are so good at it and the overall sub–bass and mid bass is fantastic. Stages reasonably well with fast yet accurate imaging.

8 Likes

Did you happen to try them on tubes/hybrid very curious how they would react

Yup I’ve tried on my TA-26 tube amp. It became slightly warmer and less airy . Prefer on solid states like my K9 pro ESS

1 Like

I heard these at CanJam London. I thought the build was pretty neat, super comfortable, and the sound was…fine. I thought they would cost the same as the 99, and it would be a good buy at that price.

Sike they’re like 800 euros. And at that price, there is just better stuff in the competition, like Hifiman.