Meze Audio 109 Pro

One additional note about the 99 classic, is that are far more capable than you might initially think, if you pad swap them, I personally use Brainwave Hybrid pads - it give you back some of the detail and tames the bass a bit

Are the 99 clasic the same as the 99 neo?
I know im kinda bouncing small differences off you people but thats kind of why im here. I did order the 109 pro set. This is based off the info i get here. I still always want to do my own comparisons but this goes a long way for chasing audiophile nirvana. Its a marathon.

Should be the same HP only the optic should differ but Iā€™m not sure if they have pad differences which can alter the sound of the 99 for a good bit

1 Like

Similar, but not the same. The Neoā€™s have plastic cups. The 99 Classicā€™s and the Noirā€™s from Drop have wood cups.

i dont think the neoā€™s come with 2 sets of pads like the classics either.

They donā€™t and there are definitely different pads than the classics. I recommend picking up dekoni pads.

1 Like

So one is the cheap-ass version. Pads, i can change. If the wood build has better sound or the other way, thats something that canā€™t be changed. I see several on Ebay as a low cost way to find out.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t call it a cheap-ass version, itā€™s very well built. Itā€™s just less expensive due to using a plastic instead of wood. No one has really been able to say that thereā€™s a difference in sound when using the same pads from what Iā€™ve researched.

The 109 arrived today. I donā€™t know yet if theyā€™re totally neutral. They are great for arias and classical music. I tried a litte basier music as well and they hold up pretty well. I currently am just running them off a Dennon 2313ci with a Blusound 1st gen server. The noise floor on the Dennon is horrible through these. It makes for ear fatigue. Iā€™ll step up the game this weekend. The ikko OH10 also arrived today. Theyā€™re on deck but ill run them through an A&k DAP. How long is recommended break-in on IEMs and headphones? I know Z has a special rig. Can i just leave each set run for X number of hours on anything. I could leave them run while im at work.

I donā€™t like making final judgement on headphones till I have close to 100 hrs on them.

1 Like

Iā€™ll give all new HP and IEM 24 hours pink noise then 24 hours brown noise at slightly higher than listening noise and then maybe a few hours of music. Not sure it benefits all gear but I had some HP with some peaks that mellowed out after 50 to 100 hours

Wow. Okay. Do you stream these off noises?

Joop looks like the vids I have running in background overnight XD
And like I said not sure itā€™s necessary for everything but hey we investment hours of our time browsing forum so why not give your HP the best chance they can get before you form your opinion :grin::notes:

1 Like

Thank you. Ill try this.

I see on my Ebay, I won a set of neos. Ill get some aftermarket pads cause you never know where the last one have been. Lol. Ill start burning in the 109s. When the neos get here i can do the same and compare them to the 8xx and the GL2000.

1 Like
1 Like