Modhouse T60rp Argon

I have been using these for a few days and they really love bass boost from my iFi. I was comparing them to my Beyer T5’s and they are Really different headphones!

I really don’t need this many closed backs. 2022 will be dedicated to thinning the collection. :grin:

Wth regards to trading pads, I suppose that is an option, but I Love the feeling of the oval suedes. SUPER comfortable, in my opinion.

1 Like

:eyes:

this will be an interesting 2022 for sure…

1 Like

I agree in many ways…

+1 for the ZMF oval suede. So much more comfortable than the stock pads and added a very noticeable amount of bass without muddying things up.

1 Like

I own the ZMF Cowhides, ZMF Suedes, and Dan Clark Alpha Pads. I use the Cowhides because they tame the T60 treble and make music sound more intimate overall. The Suedes are too airy for my tastes, but not bad. The Alpha Pads are somewhere in between but I prefer the ZMF sound and comfort a bit more.

2 Likes

does anyone know if the soundstage on t60 argons are wider then focal clear as I’m planning to invest in an headphone with wider soundstage than Clear to complement it. I know there is HD800s or Arya but they are way over my budget :confused:

Sticking with the T60rps… With bass eq these are fantastic for my listening. Sundara’s didnt make it in as they were stolen cause poor amazon delivery, so that is a stone left unturned. Definitely will try the Argon mod to see the difference between stock and mod…

I definitely notice a sibilance with the suede pads.

Trying to do research on what type of frequency adjustment I could make in Equalizer APO to correct it.

Did anyone got their T60 Argons from November? The 14 weeks lead time had already past and heard nothing from them. Sent a few emails to modhouse already but did not receive a reply.

have patience. ryan is a busy guy. but hes is 100% upstanding. delays happen. he gets a ton of emials, and its just him and his wife doing a side gig. but, imo, they are worth the wait.

@tunc_akinguc the soundstage is much wider then a clear’s soundstage.

These on my iFi with bass boost and 3D is very impressive! Every time I don’t use them for several weeks I start to think, “I should move these along as I don’t really need them.” Then I put them on and it’s like, “Oh yeah!” :grin:

1 Like

I almost exclusively use mine, the wait for mine was 15-16 weeks, but I didnt regularly email the 3-4 week buildup politely asking if they were on schedule.

I use mine with Liquid Platinum and JNOG2, sometimes I go nuts and use Equalizer APO to bass boost by like +20 in 105 range when I’m going heavy on EDM/Hip Hop, otherwise it sits at a +8.

Probably need to move my 6xxs and Nighthawks, honestly.

1 Like

i agree, i love them for edm/hip hop,rap and orchestral. things with bass and music. vocals are good, but a little recessed :slightly_frowning_face: thats where hd600’s come in lol. ive tried lots of sub 500$ headphones, and those 2 are the only ones i use for music.

i have a pair of dt880’s i use for fps games if i randomly play for a long session and wearing the argons starts to hurt my annoyingly sensitive head and ears lol. but i like the argons better for fps. much wider soundstage. but the 880’s are slightly more precise and have a taller vertical stage then the argons.

1 Like

I do find the sibilance on the Argons to be the only bit that really prevents me from cranking the volume, but I almost take that as a bit of a protective measure for my ears. Not everyone’s area to compromise though.

I use leather pads. to me, they are less sibilant then with stock pads or ryans recommended pads. before the mods, i found them to be bright when cranked up as well.

but i got me a lyr3 while they were out being modified. now i dont find them sibilant at all.

edit: its usually the strong bass that gets me over time haha. pounding my eardrums if i crank it up for a long session of bassy music. Free tip of the day, change genres every now and again when listening, assualt your ears with different sounds lol.

1 Like

That makes me tempted to pick up zmf leather pads…

2 Likes

Mine show up on Saturday! And ahead of the 14 week estimate. 13 weeks, 6 days.

1 Like

What are your thoughts on them now that you have them?

The new Modhouse x Dekoni, MHA Xenon pads came in today. I’ve been listening to them for the past 4-5 hours and here are some takeaways.

Preface: I’ve ran the T60RP with the ZMF Cowhides as they tamed the treble; while the ZMF Suedes, Ryan’s previous recommendation, were second place in my opinion.

MHA Xenon pads: They have the open airy qualities of the ZMF Suedes, with treble that comes below the offensive line, a much improved tuning of the mids, and slightly more impact of the bass (not quantity or depth). Dekoni and Ryan did a great job making a custom pad for the T60RP Argons.

I almost couldn’t believe these are the same headphones that I placed in the back room. Currently, I’m using the pads without the baffle inserts. Although, I did use the inserts for the first 30 minutes of listening. The baffles turn them into the classic described Argon sound. Bass that engulfs you, with mids and treble that are lowered.

I’ll put the baffles in eventually for more listening but I’m just enjoying the Xenon pads without the baffles too much currently.

NOTE: The Xenon pads have a large room/speaker type of presentation. Although, I am weary of describing them that way as I know there are people on these forums who have heard headphones that actually do sound like speakers (i.e. DCA Stealth, Stats, etc.).

TL;DR Best pad swap

8 Likes

I just received my Xenon pads for the T60 Argon and damn, these make them perfect now.

I am currently listening to them without the baffles. They completely remove the sibilance I hear with the zmf suede while still being sufficiently bright and detail, so I don’t think the baffles were necessary. The mid is also smoother, I no longer hear the slight graininess in the uppermid vocal like the zmf suede. The bass is also improve, making it more dynamic and impactful, which it quite impressive.

The pads also give the t60 argon more impressive soundstage, especially for a closed back. I usually have hard time hearing soundstage and I can confidently say that the new t60 argon give you a nice sense of space around your head, with imaging that give my dt1990 a run for its money, which they didn’t have before. The more spread out soundstage plus no sibilance or graininess also improve the sense of detail of the argon.

So yeah, the pads is quite an improvement for the t60 argon. They bring it from my 3rd favorite headphones to my favorite now.

10/10 would recommend

8 Likes