🔶 Monolith M1070

This is the official thread for the Monolith M1070

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp recommended: Yes
  • Open Back

:red_circle: Hifiguides Amazon Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

Reviews have been pretty sparse for this one, hopefully that’ll change shortly. Looking forward to Europe availability without being raped by customs charges.

They’re cheap enough that I am curious. So far, I am 0 for 2 with planars.

I found this FR graph of the 1070 seems to be the only one so far:

Not looking good at all, that bass rolloff looks like a big no no for me.

Also please note that this is in 2db increments so the diferences between the peaks and the dips and such are a bit exagerated compared to a more usual graph

Yeah I don’t know what’s going on there at all, I would just ignore this one

I would definitely wait for more graphs and reviews to pop up before judging this headphone

Also I gotta say both the 1070 and the 1570 look pretty darn good, copying Focal was a good idea xD

They only copied focals headband, otherwise it really doesn’t have anything to do with focal

(And even then that headband is not that comfortable with this style of headphone)

I just think an audeze headband would have been the way to go

Well that’s a pretty big part of the headphone I’d say.

Also waiting for Zeos to praise these and the 1570 and then metal571 to trash them cuz there’s definitely gonna be issues with them, a Monoprice headphone without issues would be a miracle.

metal doesn’t do reviews any more :cry:

:pensive: ye I know, BUT he’s still gonna do Q&A’s and other stuff :smiley:

These are pretty bass lite but are very resolving.

1 Like

Interesting, have you heard the original m1060, and what would your thoughts be on it compared to the m1070?

Yeah it’s the same just without the ringing

I honestly prefer the m1060 headband

Ah, darn, I don’t know if I would recommend that with stuff like the sundara existing then if it is similar

1 Like

I do think there are better headphones at and below that $400 price.

2 Likes

Graphs.

1 Like

Hi,

Has anyone compared the Hifiman Sundara (Version 2) with the Monolith M170 yet? I’m curious cos they’re roughly the same price now in the UK on various sites.

Cheers.

Joshua Valour sorta did in his m1070 review