What Is happening?! M1570, M1070, M570 from Monoprice THX AAA 887 Too!

i was under the impression the enclosure will be part of the tuning. ZMF headphones get slight difference in sound depending on wood used.

Yeah zmf will or the fostex wood cans will as well, but it will be different than just timbre and on most headphones that’s not going to be the case unless they were designed to interact with the wood to change sound

1 Like

So as a followup, just like the other open back in ear planers it appears that the m350, the new model is in need of eq as well. So still might pick one up due to no isines anymore, but still a bummer :frowning:

So why are people insta-sending the 1570 back lol? Something is amiss.

hmm didnt hear about that… who is doing it?

Max Settings had two subscribers/friends that were supposed to send him a review unit and both bailed and sent it straight back due to sounding awful. There is also a flood of over current issues.

So strange. Mine make me want to sell all my other cans including my elex

yikes monoprice isnt having a great time right now I wonder whats up

Just monoprice headphones being monoprice headphones. Their amps are pretty solid though

1 Like

I was one of the two who returned, i want price to performance and replacing the headband for 150 and getting a custom cable for $80 to $100 bucks is not that. It sounds good but the a used lcd2 is a better idea

2 Likes

:+1: yeah that’s kinda how I feel as well

Absolutely!

2 Likes

On the sound demos, do you think the Pleather pads made the 1570 darker sounding? Would have been great if Zeos made the demo with the same pads on both 1070 and 1570.

Graphs for both headphones. MiniDSP EARS measurements.

Ye I’ve seen this and posted these graphs before, but it doesnt matter how these sound when the fucking forks that attach to the headband can be bent by a child :joy: I legit laughed my ass off when I saw Zeos just bend them with a finger like that should not be a thing ! :joy:

I don’t see why anyone would spend money of these with that build quality and also the M1570 are really really heavy, Monoprice headphones are a LUL

LOL

6 Likes

Just rebought these for 380 and did a little arts and crafts.

4 Likes

They look awesome!
Where did you get that price? I want to try the m1070 or m1570.

Anyone that can compare these to something like a ZMF Aeolus? I know that there’s a hefty price difference, but still :slight_smile: