šŸ”¶ Monoprice Monolith M570

I was thinking perhaps a used lcd 2 (or for even more bass the lcd 2 classic) or something like the hifiman edition xx would be my choice

Ok, thx. The LCD2C is out of my budget, but maybe iā€™ll save up some money to get them one day. I am also waiting for the reviews of the new Fidelio X3ā€™s. These wonā€™t be planar, but maybe they will fit my sound profile and replace my x2ā€™s. Do you know the argons? How sound these compared to the monoprice models?

Have you looked in the used market? Thatā€™s where you can find deals

The argons are good but honestly I donā€™t think I can recommend them unless you really want a planar x2

Thats strange, i use to own the X2 and upgraded to the Sendi Aiva. The bass is more and better than on the X2. Even quantity is more. And not even mentioning the detail in the bass. Maybe you have a odd pair

yhr m570 have significantly less bass than the aiva they are tuned more for treble emphasis

1 Like

I own the AKG K702, AD900x, and HE4XX. Strictly for competitive FPS gaming, would the M570 be any better in terms of positional accuracy and detailed sound? Thanks.

@ronfifer If you want something for competitive gaming strictly, the DT880 600 ohm is one of the best choices. Focuses on the details you need to hear for those things like footsteps, with pinpoint accuracy as to where the sounds are coming from.
I would choose that over these, paired with a good amp/dac like the Fiio K5 Pro.

1 Like

Personally no, the 900x has better imaging and soundstaging than the m570 imo, for strictly comp I would actually stick with the 900x or get a 880 600 ohm

1 Like

Ah I already placed the order for the m570! Good thing it is from amazon so hopefully I can return if it turns out to be redundant with what i already own. I donā€™t like the AD900x much because it gives me a headache with lack of clarity and separation of sounds. Soundstage and imaging are good but I prefer the K702 and HE4XX over it.

What would you say about DT880 600ohm vs DT 990 pro 600ohm for competitive?

I personally think the 880 600 ohm has better spatial recreation and I think the more even signature is what I personally prefer for gaming. Do note that both like good amps lol

1 Like

Thanks, I will add the DT880 600ohm to my watchlist. And finally would the Argon MK3 with Lambskin pads be any upgrade for competitive gaming vs K702, AD900x, and HE4xx? Lambskin pads are said to reduce the bass.

For competitive gaming no, for casual they would be very fun. Their imaging and spatial recreation isnā€™t the most accurate, and some sounds can get masked a bit at times

1 Like

A reviewer on Linustechtips forums posted the following about the T50RP with Shure Pads:

ā€œIā€™ve gotten accused of wall hacks in every single BF1 game Iā€™ve played over the last few days. Itā€™s these T50RP headphones. These are legal wall hacks. Their imaging is so amazing you can hear footsteps with pinpoint accuracy. I camped a building and got 20 kills with a revolver by out maneuvering everyone just based upon hearing them and moving accordingly. They were so mad and called all kinds of hacks. Or when Iā€™m sniping and I hear someone coming up behind me I ready myself with my revolver and I destroy them in 2 shots without taking any damage because I can hear exactly where they are and get first shotā€

Thatā€™s why I am very curious to add the T50RP (modded) to my collection.

Those are different from the argons, I could see the regular t50 with shure pads being good. You just have to change the pads. I donā€™t think they are that much better than the ad series tho imo. Personally out of what I own and have heard I think the best competitive gaming headphones would be the ad1000x but not everyone would agree with that lol

1 Like

I know Joshua Valour praised the M650s for gaming.
Damn, they were 80$ last week. Now back to 150$.

Edit: See at 11:05 !

Eh, I didnā€™t try them with gaming but they were fairly mediocre when I got to listen to them, I donā€™t know if they would preform much better in games

1 Like

Edited :stuck_out_tongue:

But the Argon MK3 is based off the T50RP and it is said that it widens the soundstage of the stock T50RP. And with lambskin pads that reduce bass, shouldnā€™t that make the Argon MK3 ideal for competitive? Have you tried them?

I own a pair of argons, I donā€™t really prefer them for comp gaming compared to others. There are more mods than just pad changes, the driver is dampened and modified, resulting in a different presentation and tuning, for gaming I would rather take stock t50ā€™s with shure pads if I had to choose a t50

If you are curious to see what I own just check my profile

2 Likes