What Is happening?! M1570, M1070, M570 from Monoprice THX AAA 887 Too!

Is it a manufacturing variance thing? Like only a number of them have it? Or is it across the board?

Iā€™m trying to find out. I donā€™t experience it with my pair. But just because I donā€™t hear it doesnā€™t mean itā€™s not there. I donā€™t know if itā€™s truly a polarizing unit or a mfg variance issue.

I just need to find where I put the stock pads as Iā€™ve always used Sendy pads with it.

Hard to know cause like 3 to 4 people on this forum alone reported a problem

I have really been liking my 1070s they sound great- I am very curious to know what people think about the differences between the 1070 and 1570.

Can you compare them to other headphones that you own?

who?
20 character min

Jon_Wattsā€¦

Iā€™ve read/watched so many polarizing opinions on the same hadphones, most notably as of late the m570 and the Takstar HF-580. I get that sound is subjective, but I have to wonder how much of it is extreme tolerances/variance on these Chinese cansā€¦ people are getting widely varying headphones.

For the past several months, my daily driver at work has been the Takstar HI-3050, which is the in-Asia version of the HF-580. I also have a pair of the HF-580, and by all appearances they are identical, with the exception of the packaging and the model number etched into the metal. I then purchased the m570, and over the course of several days A-B tested the m570 and the HI-3050ā€¦ remarkably similar, almost uncannily so, to the point that it may simply be the major difference in pads and clamp between the two.

What I donā€™t hear in either one are the complaints of ā€œveiledā€ or ā€œhollowā€ that Iā€™ve seen made about the Takstar. Thatā€™s not my experience at all.

Then again, being over the age of 50, itā€™s quite possible that degradation in my ability to hear treble is making my listening experience different from those who have younger ears.

Takstar is lighter and more comfortable for long periods, but that attached rubberized cable just sucks moose testicles. Ergonomically, the m570 is much better. I find the Takstar to be a bit more open with respect to soundstage, but the m570 to have a bit more texture to the sound. I donā€™t notice major differences in treble or bass extension. The bass and midbass on the m570 have a bit more meat/texture to it than on the Takstar, but itā€™s very subtle.

Theyā€™re really within spitting difference of one anotherā€¦ at least the two units I have in my possession.

Iā€™m tempted to get a hold of an m1070 to compare to them.

2 Likes

I donā€™t trust monoprice, call me :call_me_hand: when they deliver a headphone without issues smh

1 Like

What do you think of the headband mod? Worth it?

For me 100 percent. Went from terrible comfort to perfect. I have a very large head though.

Any change in sound and how did you replace the yolk, since itā€™s not really a direct fit. Curious if you went about replacing it a different way.

I think it increased the bass a fair amount but itā€™s hard to know for certain without a stock set to ab. The mod for mine was very simple. I simply elongated the yoke holes vertically using a dremel and small stone. After that I was able to re use the stock pivot pins off the stock yokes. Very simple mod and allows the factory stops using the pin with dowel. I really wish I took post dremel photos but I kinda just did them one at a time and worked at them till the pins were a snug fit. Overall mod took about 45 minutes to complete.

The overall fit is much nicer for me. The contact patch is the whole leather strap essentially. The clamp force is actually a little stronger then I would like but itā€™s not uncomfortable.

1 Like

I wish I had a dremel, I had to drill the yolk whole bigger and used jb weld for the pivot pins, hopefully it lasts.

If not and itā€™s in the budget you could just get a pair of replacement yokes and give it another go. A cheap Amazon dremel would do the trick. A little chunk of change but if your into modding things a dremel is the shit.

New Zeos video about the Aeon X and he mentioned the m1570ā€™s, said they were ā€œmonstersā€. weā€™ll should be getting a m1570 and 1070 review shortly.

The Aeon X was also added to the Hifiguides tool as recommended, but the M1070 and M1570 were not :thinking::thinking:

Also they screwed it up somehow too

1 Like

The m570ā€™s at itā€™s core is metallic sounding but not in a bad way. Itā€™s normal for audio equipment to have a metallic, plastic, or wooden texture to itā€™s sound based off of how their built. Every headphone I ever owned or heard is like that.They out of stock at Monoprice, so things must be working out alright.

Itā€™s more based on the type of driver used and the tuning of the headphone, not really the build imo