šŸ”¶ Monoprice Monolith M570

Whyyyyyyyy I can never forget this phrase

Looks nice though :+1:

5 Likes

Let the games beginā€¦

I second the foreskin issue :sweat_smile:

But this is actually a pretty exciting development. Being able to use different kinds of pads seems like a big deal. Wondering if new combinations will be found that lead to a different sound.

I think I already like the 570 more than the lcd1.

Whatā€™s the magic?

Whatā€™s the advantage?

20 characters.

Whatever

So far the differences I hear in the sound compared to the lcd1 is that the m570 are slightly more v shaped. Bass is punchier, treble is a bit sharper might be sibilant to some but not to me, mids arenā€™t as shouty as the lcd1, sound stage is a bit wider and Imaging is more accurate. Way better built, way more comfortable. The 570 tick all the right boxes for me so far. Keep in mind these are only first impressions.

Edit: forgot to mention they are way heavier too. Not a big deal to me but a con for other people.

2 Likes

Which one might make symphony music sound more engulfing like youā€™re at the concert hall?

Which one makes Dubstep make you suspect that robots may be sexing in the room?

Which one reveals to you all the tiny things you may not have realized were there before?

Which one really rocks a baseline? Thinking in terms of how fast here.

Basically analytics aside, which one takes you there?

Iā€™m looking for the experience here at the end of the day so I donā€™t mind if you get a little subjective and out there with your descriptions.

Oluv of the LCD1 ā€œlike some kind of razor blade!!!ā€

2 Likes

I donā€™t listen to symphonic music but Iā€™d imagine the 570 to be better because the sound stage is a bit wider.

LCD 1 is too thin for dubstep for just listening, for producing Iā€™ll take the lcd1 but if you want to listen to a robot orgy then the 570 are way more fun to listen to.

Both equally

Lcd1 might be a bit faster but itā€™s really hard to tell. Theyā€™re probably the same in terms of speed. 570 might have slightly better sound separation because they have more space to work with. The lcd 1 are still very good in this aspect.

The 570 gave me that wow factor. I think Iā€™m gonna return the lcd1.

Gaming? Played BFV early with 3D headphone enabled and this is where the 570 really wowed. The best positional audio Iā€™ve heard from a headphone. The depth of the soundstage of the 570 really let you hear the distance of explosions and gunfire. Coupled that with it slightly boosted bass and excellent imaging. This thing Is the best headphone Iā€™ve tried for gaming.

3 Likes

Soundstage comparison to Hifiman stuff that youā€™ve tried?

Compared to 4xx, about the same as far as width. But imaging is not as good as the 570

1 Like

Have you had an opportunity to compare to the Sundaras?

No I havenā€™t. From what Iā€™ve read about the sundaras is that theyā€™re treble heavy with rolled of bass.

4xx $130

M570 at the sale $240

Worth the extra $110?

Iā€™m definitely hearing that you donā€™t feel the LCD1 is worth the extra $140 from the m570s

Yep the 570 are definitely worth the extra $110 over the 4XX

Extra $170 after the sale that ends in two days to be fair.

Somehow that seems like significantly more.

Iā€™m thinking that will end up being more of a realistic difference for me as Iā€™ll probably end up having to really take my time with this and try some more things out.

So far I only have experience with IEMs, Sennheiser Momentum (which I just donā€™t enjoy anymore) and the HD800s I got to try once.

Everything I know is based off of the perverbial ā€œyou guys.ā€

58x is in the mail however. Seemed like a very good place to start and see where I want to go from there. May end up returning it for something else.

Yeah, I would just suggest getting the 58x, trying them out, and seeing what you liked, what you were indifferent about, and what you would want to change

Then you can make a more accurate decision

1 Like

Uh oh Mon weā€™re having this discussion on two threads. :grimacing:

Quick! Say something about the m570 somebody! :joy:

I just respond to what people ask regardless of thread lol

The 570 is pretty great for the price (also with the sale its pretty good), but it might not work as well for certain genres

1 Like

What about for us metal heads?

I think it would be pretty good, but might sound a bit recessed in the midrange, but I donā€™t think it would be bad at all (as long as you arenā€™t sensitive to a bit brighter and aggressive sound)