šŸ”¶ Moondrop Aria

bl a8 wont be an upgrade from starfield unless youā€™re looking for a sidegrade? i liked the a8 somewhat, it had bl03 timbre but mids were a tad recessed compared to my aria which is just pleasing in all aspects.

Itā€™s really well made. I found the mids a bit thin on some tracks but removing the outer hex filter solved the problem greatly.

Nah, I have made my final decision. Iā€™ll take the Arias now instead of the A8s since I already have a sidegrade for the BL03s, and that would be the BL05Ss. Also the reviews that I saw from the A8s were not thatā€¦letā€™s say spectacular, therefore the Arias right now seem to be the best option for me to get instead.

1 Like

Just got a pair of Arias and so far Iā€™m really liking them. Iā€™ve only had cheap earbuds and a gaming headset before this so its a nice upgrade.

2 Likes

Mine are out for delivery, supposedly!

But the tracker system from AliExpress uses for it isnā€™t clear. Today? Tomorrow? Who knows! Canā€™t wait :slight_smile:

Congratulations, that is a step up that you did by a lot. I am saying that is because typically most gaming headsets especially the ones with those overrated RGB lighting on them just sound bad, though there are some few exceptions of gaming headsets that are actually sound good and worth the purchase, the Cooler Master MH751/2 comes to mind for the all-around good shit you get from it, the mic, the earpads, the sounds, and most of all no shitty RGB lighting.

Enjoy your Arias man for they are also great for gaming due to its similarity with the Starfields that I also used for gaming.

1 Like

Yeah it really is. I have a Steel Series Arctis 7 without the dac thing they have. I can definitely hear the step up in sound quality. I might still prefer the headset for gaming right now just for comfort/mic. Weā€™ll see how IEMs grow on me though. Planning on getting some headphones and a separate mic later.

I am considering trying some different tips for the Arias though. Iā€™ve heard good things about the Final Audio and Dekoni tips. Any recommendations?

I run Final type E tips on my Aria and even with my technically better sets I still generally go back to the aria when playing games.

Edit
You might want to pickup the final audio e500 or e1000 instead of just the tips due to there being a minimal price difference and all final audio e series IEMs coming with a full set of tips.

1 Like

Moondrop Aria? More likeā€¦ Ariyaaas

Sorry I couldnā€™t help myself. These just came in and My out of box impression has me going ā€œthis is great. Waitā€¦.do I have to compare to Starfield and Legacy in my ears again? Because this could be better for my enjoyment than either of the two. My ranks might need to changeā€¦ā€

So here I am, writing this on my phone as Iā€™m listening to my reference playlist off of said phone.

My first thought is immediately that these sound like they took the thump and warmth of the legacy and combined it with the higher mid forwardness of the Starfield, with none of the sibilance or shoutyness.

Novelty effect here though. So take this all with a grain of salt, as with any out of box impression :slight_smile:

This one is getting an impression video, and on a fast track for a possible review with sound demo (to appear on my channel blah blah blah).

7 Likes

Let me know if you are able to get the IEMs and the cable into the case it comes withā€¦ I want to know if I am just a fool for not being able to do it or if it really is just a dumb size to send. (currently using that case to hold my Final Audio E3000 IEMs though and it is wonderful for that aplication).

For the record, Iā€™ve owned the Starfield, Kanas Pro, KXXS and the KXXX. I skipped the Aria so Iā€™m interested if it possibly sounds superior to all its predecessors, but from everything Iā€™ve read, it doesnā€™t.

I sold ALL of my harman Moondrop IEMs once I bought the Oxygen on @Rikudou_Goku 's rec. He had suggested it for a long time touting it as being drastically better sounding than the Moondrop offerings. It was his comparisons to the Fiio FH5s that finally forced me to pull the trigger and he was right. It was difficult for me to believe how much (going to use the dreaded word here) ā€œbetterā€ it sounded to all the Moondrop competition since it is a single DD as all the other Moondrops are as well.

I very much enjoyed all of the single DD Moondrop IEMs and they have the market cornered with the Aria pricing and quality. But none of them could compete with the Oxygen and I felt completely comfortable letting all of them as soon as I heard it.

This has a permanent place in my collectionā€¦ King of the Moondrop single DD IEMs.

4 Likes

Ooh Iā€™d love to buy those. But Iā€™m getting an empty wallet quick! Hah!

EDIT: I keep hearing about these. I might have to get it .____.

2 Likes

Now you are making me kinda want the Oxygen, that is some high praise.

Turnabout and all being fair
For the record I have had 3 Moondrop IEMs, (starfield first since it was said to be a price definer, then the Aria because I really liked the starfield but the Aria looked amazing, then the variations for my first tribrid because the Aria is that good)
For the Aria it uses the same DD as the Variations with all the power that comes from the LCP Moondrop uses, just tuned with less sub bass and a bit more mid bass. So overall it is far less of a drop into the mids. It is not as fast as a Bery DD, but there is more of a feeling of fullness in exchange for speed. The mids are typical Moondrop tuningā€¦ basically hope you like vocals because they are still beautiful on this set and a bit more natural then on the Variations. The treble is where it differentiates the most from the Starfield. While the Starfield could be a bit too much in the treble the Aria somehow rides that line at a razors edge, but I havenā€™t ever been able to trigger it to go quite over the line like the Starfield.

3 Likes

Itā€™s all because of @Rikudou_Goku For single DD harman curve target, theeese are complete end-game for me. Maybe we can get @Rikudou_Goku to stir up the hype since he started it all with me.

Michael Bruce has them extremely high on his list and for good reason. He ranks the Oxygen two steps below the OG Mest.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=2AC6CB77B835CCA2!5687&ithint=file%2Cxlsx&authkey=!APy9ncQJjCa32lU

1 Like

Just purchased Oxygen from Linsoul right now.

:triumph:

EDIT: Like I told my wife beforeā€¦ā€itā€™s an investment.ā€

3 Likes

Final Audio E Types, SpinFit CP100/145s and the AZLA SednaEar Fit, those 3 come to mind. I think the best one for all around for me would be the E Types since in every aspect of sound like the bass, mids and treble are just produced right.

1 Like

Iā€™d recommend people trying the Aria or similar to see if the Harman target is for them before investing in the Oxygen. It was an easy choice for me to sell on after brief trial due to my preferences, but Iā€™d bought it at a price where that was no issue.

If you do like the Harman target, you will doubtless fall in love with them ā€“ If the fit works for you (slightly short nozzle depth, but I think cases where it would be an issue are rare, shell is a versatile shape).

Love the build of them.

2 Likes

I left a comment on your Legacy 2 + Starfield video asking for a comparison with the Aria but deleted it later, then you said youā€™ll do one in the near future just now :laughing:

You were saying that youā€™ll be getting a better sound demo rig than the miniDSP, any chance youā€™d be demoing these on the new rig?

1 Like

Been looking for a Harman single DD
After using the ariaā€™s for a week I can say thereā€™s something wrong with the treble region, I donā€™t know the English word for it but it doesnā€™t sound right to me
While the starfields sound right on the treble region the bass quality is kinda sus for me
My AKGN400 sounds better over aria and starfield For me(donā€™t hate me lmao)
I will def try the Oxygen next

2 Likes

Pretty sure I did revive the hype for it. I bought it on an aliexpress sale for 200 usd. Reviewed it and never saw it drop down to that price. :joy:

1 Like