šŸ”¶ Moondrop Aria

What do you think about pairing this with the Tin T2 plus? I have the KZ ZSN Pro, theyā€™re a bit too V-shaped for my taste (and splashy highs) but Iā€™m still yet to find IEMs as convenient and comfortable as headphones, so Iā€™m not really willing to spend more than the $150 I can get both of these for.
From Zeosā€™ reviews it sounds like they would give cover laid back listening (aria) and something a bit mad when Iā€™m bored (T2+).

1 Like

All I can say is this, for more neutral and close to a reference point imo, Starfields. But if you want something that is a bit warm, a bit bass and chill listening, Arias. Itā€™s like this, you want more mids? Starfields. You want more bass? Arias.

2 Likes

Quite possibly. Gotta do a video on the Lokiusā€¦and some other ones in the next week or so first.

1 Like

Also speaking about the Arias, I wonder what cable that can make it even more beautiful? Probably a 16 core black cable with some gold trimming to add that elegance flair further. Also I love mineā€™s look with the Black Final E Types installed, makes it look premium.

1 Like

My impressions on the Moondrop Aria in video form:

In a nutshellā€¦

ā€¢ Worth hundreds of dollars in terms of enjoyment value

ā€¢ Not worth hundreds in terms of raw technical performance, but the technicals are clear and resolving enough for whatever tech they did use so as to not at all bother me when the tuning is so great

ā€¢ Better than the ThieAudio Legacy 2 and the Moondrop Starfield? Up to personal taste, but I venture to guess that the Aria will please more people than either, and is technically better to my ear than the Starfield.

10 Likes

Pretty spot on with those impressions and I think for the price alone, this is one of the best to get along with the BLON BL-03 so far. Also I find it a bit difficult to choose between the Starfields and Arias since I love both in terms of their own type of sound that they bring to the table.

1 Like

I find this case too small too. I can get the iem and the cable inside, but the cable makes a too small circles and keep the angle after that.

I keep my Arias in a tinhifi case. I find It big outside compared to the space available inside, but at least I can put the iem with ease in this box.

1 Like

I also did swap the cable. It feels nice, but is near impossible to get and keep nice and unkinked. Which is a shame since it is not too heavy and is one of the few covered IEM cables I have.

1 Like

I am with you on the cable, I canā€™t quite decide. I am running my Aria with the BTR5, so everything is black, and it looks so nice. I am sure I can find a decent black cable, but I already own a silver 2pin, grrr.

1 Like

I feel that. Currently using a Yinyoo cable that I am not fond of but does not bug me nearly as much as the OEM one. But it is black.

1 Like

Is the Aria recommended for someone who mostly listens to classical, jazz and soundtracks?

Absolutely. At least, for $80ā€¦.worth trying with your library of classical and jazz. Iā€™ve had success with mine :slight_smile:

Also, you guys will be really happy to hear a demo I got coming. Just waiting for the HD version to finish processing before I shareā€¦ but I am pretty tempted to publish the video now and share it already :slight_smile:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you for responding!

And looking forward to your video.

1 Like

Soooā€¦YouTube is taking forever and a half to process this 4K HDR footage. More than 12 hours of processing and it still is only at 720p. Might be tomorrow when I publish it, and even then it may only be 1080p and not 4K. Dang.

Itā€™s worth the wait though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Screw it weā€™re doing it live!

Canā€™t wait any longer for the quality to process to 4K HDR. So, enjoy the full review and sound demos!

5 Likes

You got a new subscriber as soon as you started going off on tangents about the box. I did skip through the sound demos since I was just more interested in hearing the opinions and passion you have in your reviews. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Though I still think the case is a bit too small for the IEMs and the cable to be comfortable for me to use and foams are tools of the devilā€¦

1 Like

Hah! I guess everyone enjoys different aspects to the review. Happy you enjoyed the box bit :slight_smile:

I also do like your grading system it is a very practical and also personal system. Which makes a lot of sense since people enjoy music differently not to mention differences in how people even hear things.

2 Likes

I loved the listening comparisons! Enjoyed the sample choices too. Going against the main vibe of this thread, I think the comparisons just reinforced my memory of why I donā€™t like the Starfields much (owned several times) and therefore wouldnā€™t like the Aria. For whatever theyā€™re getting right at the price, certain aspects of the sound are just muted or sort of flattened out, not sure if Iā€™m describing it well.

That being said,
A) tuning is a preference matter, Iā€™m not for a moment suggesting theyā€™re ā€œbadlyā€ tuned
B) theyā€™re terrific all rounders. Admittedly sets I like that are similarly priced (but tbh not that lowly priced) would bring out more of that ā€œsomethingā€ I feel the Starfields (therefore Aria) are missingā€¦ BUT at the cost of compromises, like certain styles or sounds not coming out smoothly.

I think itā€™s their ā€œsafeā€ tuning that puts me off them, while clearly being a plus for most, and a good part of their popularity. Especially to get something at the price that presents such a broad variety of music in a high quality way.

On the other hand Iā€™ve never been more intrigued by the Mest than now. I know Iā€™ve heard a lot about it, but this approximated ā€œhearingā€ preview of what it emphasized in the Hurt coverā€¦ to my tastes it really nailed it! And thatā€™s hearing it through a different IEM.

Really well put together, thanks for sharing. I donā€™t think the Aria are me, but theyā€™re impressive and absolutely a rec for most folks. Very well priced package.

1 Like