Moondrop KATO, KXXS successor IEMs

It looks metallic like KXXS, so I don’t think they will do a paint job.

2 Likes

That’s good then, I have to wait for the reviews of it though since I have my eyes on the Mangird Teas at the moment.

I wonder which vendor will start shopping these first. I ended up ordering mine on Ali from moondrop w/ DHL so hopefully I’m one of the first, but I’ll be happy living vicariously through anyone who gets theirs before me.

KATO mean KXXS Advanced Technology Optimization . Im interested in this iem cz of the look and i didn’t try a moondrop iem before . I think they will sound like aria with a bit better details

2 Likes

So, what do they sound like? If you can describe it, maybe referencing some other IEM?

I think that comment was based on the picture, not that the have it.

manday

I hate to create a new account but I don’t what they know who I am.
About the moondrop thing, it’s way more complex than a simple apology.
Since it obviously has nothing to do with earphones so you could just ignore this shitting post.

The picture they post are originated from a group named “水月雨闲聊福利群” (moondrop fan service small talk group), there many arkworks including NSFW in this group, it’s not an official group but some group admin are moondrop’s empolyee (the guy who post the picuture is one of them).
The picture has a text “酸奶泼到耳机上了”, means “yogurt spilled on the earphone”, yeah it’s yogurt not semen you think, the guy thought it’s fun and safe then he posted it publicly. The picture was deleted because someone report it on head-fi forum and the guy was punished and sent to other position after few days. When the group members knows the guy was punished they are angry because they think their fan service picture are censored by the “白左婊” (white left-wing bitch), they ask moondrop stand against the feminists in the offical wechat group but moondrop refused and say they won’t give any word about this thing again.
It may sound ridiculous but many of their customer think the picture is totally fine and censorship it is taking their freedom away (like CCP did), so if moondrop apologize publicly it may make them boycott moondrop’s products.

I’m surprised that hawaiibadboy from japan complaints about this because for what I know many japanese are more “conservative”, I remember years ago there was a mass protest ask the government do not censorship child sex arkworks (aka 非実在青少年), and they won. What’s even harder to believe is that a woman raped by prime minister’s reporter was called a prostitute by several famous people and there popular support for the rapist (which is free from jail). There many people in the world did not think woman, especially the non-realistic existence need the be “protected”, and they hate someone using political correctness and feminism to suppress them. This incident is just a tragedy, they should not have posted this picture from the beginning, then being caught up in the political maelstrom.

I think moondrop register an account to hifiguides because they want to show that they notice complaints here, but they keep slient because they can’t say anything, not because “don’t give a shit about it”.

I personally don’t blame them and believe they won’t post NSFW pictures publicly again, but it’s your freedom to boycott moondrop or do whatever you want. Like I said at the beginning this is a shitting post so please ignore if you feel offended.

No idea who this dude is but Moondrop sperm shots, apologies or non should go in here, not my thread :call_me_hand:

14 Likes

hey peeps, any comments on the difference with KXXS sound profile? don’t tell me it’s the lack of sperm advertising please

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sounds like a lame KXXS.

3 Likes

Sounds like… Nothing :joy: a shitty google translate job, tbh

5 Likes

Would be a nice week to start shipping my order. Haha.

I’m guessing they will be busy shoving mooncakes down because mid-autumn festival is this Wednesday and there will be a general holiday mood.

There’s a lot of accessories coming with the KATO for me, new tips, cables, nozzles… plus a complimentary beef jerky from the vendor (Following the weird trend of hotpot, mousepads and anime stands). I shall be critically reviewing the beef jerky sometime next week when they arrive.

2 Likes

Fixed it for ya. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

10 Likes

Guess I was wrong. It way worse than a KXXS.

5 Likes

Someone told me they sounded bad so I put in a cancel request on my order. Apparently they’re very good in the technical side but the tuning is very unbalanced, and just doesn’t sound good. Still looking to see some more impressions though.

Edit: found what I was looking for. Here’s a comparison to the starfields.

Does anyone have any idea how that increased energy from 6k onwards will make this sound compared to the starfields?

1 Like

Well that’s fucking disappointing. If its predecessors are much better than the successors like the KATO being compared to the KXXS, you know at some point during the creation of the KATO, fucked up.

Possibly rushed to make a quick buck or some other factors that are out of their control. This might be a stain on Moondrop’s records, and it’s not helping much when that “incident” happened on their part as well.

This is a red flag right now.

2 Likes

I’m just curious why everyone is saying that the graph looks bad. It’s tuned very similarly to the starfield. In fact it looks almost the same until the dip after 6k on the starfields. The dip was removed entirely with a peak around 9k it looks like. How does this affect the sound? I’m really curious cause I love my starfields, more than my dusk even.

2 Likes

Yeah I mean the graphs of it are not the end all, be all for everyone, and sometimes it is best to hear it for yourself than basing it on a graph as a factor of an IEM that you should buy or not.

I mean there are IEMs with weird graphs that might sound bad when you have it in your ears, but turns out they are not that but instead they are the opposite, like very good sounds and I had that kind of experience.

I might be wrong with the KATOs (Tbh, I wish I am really wrong about them.) and will wait a review of it to see if it’s really a good successors to the Starfields (which I also love and still use as my daily driver along with my Aria and BL-03.)

3 Likes

Tbh, I’m tired of KXXS graph, I want a new tuning from them.