Need recommendation for 100$-300$ IEM

I almost bought a pair open box for $350. But the Dunu DK-3001 and DK-3001 Pro can be had much cheaper, but the 3001 is a lesser extreme W compared to the 4001.

the fiio fh 5 or fh 7 havea mild W shape but seem to be mostly v shaped

1 Like

the treble on the fh 7 is soemthing I would hate right in my hot spot for treble

1 Like

I can recommend the Dunu Titan 3 and 5 if anybody wants a well built and semi affordable IEM. The titan 3 are really bright, but I tolerated them really well. The titan 5 are more v shaped. They take to tip changes well too.

The Fearless Audio S5 Turbo is another W shaped IEM, but I have no idea what they are currently priced at…

300 ish I think?

If so that is a steal. They sounded really good to my buddy Steve…enough so that he bought them and he HATES IEMs.

1 Like

Shit, I may have to buy these, lol.

For the sound and fullness that it seems like you’re looking for, you’re probably going to have to bust into the $500 Range

1 Like

Stop wasting your time and hard earned cash chasing something that’s marginally better than the next best $150 thing in budget-fi. Come join our team, we have cookies!

#FH7Squad

However, if you’re looking to move on from the FH7, Andromedas are probably the next “big” step.

1 Like

I really love my obravo cupids and meze rai solos, both under your budget and imo hit above their price point. I don’t think either are w shaped tho. Something you can look into atleast.

I wish more people would check out the solos, I need to check that I’m not crazy for thinking they sound so good lol

I actually just tried the solos and they were fairly meh to me. I do enjoy my penta but I wouldn’t pay asking for them for sure. Not a massive iem guy though. The fit and finish on the solo for the price was very nice though. I would need more time with them

Tbh I thought they were pretty meh myself for the first week I had them, I was regretting my purchase alot. But after burning them in for something like 80 hours or so and getting some good listening time in, the sound finally clicked for me and now I think I like them more than the cupids… I don’t really know if the burn in was the culprit or if it was just my brain, but the few solo owners I’ve seen impressions from most attest that these benefit from a lengthy burn in period.

1 Like

Squaaaaaad! #FH7

1 Like

Yep the FH7’s has decent bass not sub but solid, Mids are not vailed and highs are crisp and fast…plus good imaging and a decentish soundstage all for a measly 500 bucks :+1:

#FH7 massive :fist:

1 Like

has anybody tried the drop jvc iem? It has a very high ranking in crinacle’s chart.

So, while listening to John Lee Hooker in my Tri i3 and waiting for my Ikko OH10 to arrive from Amazon.es I am reading about the ISN H40 in Headfi and only read very good things about them. Some say that its sound is similar to the Blon 03 but more refined technically with very good bass, mids and treble, excellent soundstage and imaging. I cancelled the order for the Shozy Form 1.1 ( Nothing is getting out of China anyway) and might be my next buy. It will be interesting to compare these three…

I have the non-Drop JVC version where I had to install the mod myself and it’s awesome. Very good deal for $225-$250. The mod is easy to do, but I’d have preferred to pay the extra $25 to get the Drop version had it been available

I might pick up a pair. I am really wondering why nobody has these given that there are so many good reviews about them