Need some expert advice

just a quick picture example like shown… the dac will show 44.1 if in the 441 hz

None of the 3 are generally hard to do the mod iirc the process is the same for detach cables but I would study more into that before taking them apart. Normal detach cables with these don’t change the sound unless you are implementing balanced which of course changes the sound due to different cable, amp, and dac if you go full balance… people reported a very high grade differences with these and balanced or tube amps. Wouldn’t recommend less you truly love the headphone and are confident of the fix, theres also people who sell the detachable mod already installed. The cable is pretty nice coming out of the box. If you really need the detach you could always just upgrade though to the next step. T1, T5P, 177x GO, 1770, and 1990 all are detachable

So, Liquid spark on top of d10 not the other way right?

Nice. So, 441 hz is the way to go on settings right?

I´m waiting on the setup to arrive alongside with dt990 600ohm… Can´t wait to try… XD

It was just in case of someday the cable colapse or be chewed by my cat!! XD
Basicaly, mod it rather than replace the headphone for a new one. But hope the cable holds a few long years!!

generally, from my experience most games don’t or rather can’t seem to play any higher in the audio spectrum than that frequency. While you can still set it there it gets a little wonky imo. I would try it for yourself there isn’t really any harm in it.

either works just keep in mind the spark is definitely heavier due to its steel casing you may scratch up your d10. I normally keep them seperate instead of stack though. 1 for the heat, 2 for the metal casing, 3 because they are really pretty small so it doesn’t take up too much room for me. Again, no harm here. whatever works best for you.

lol Definitely let me know what you think, it’s one of my favorites but its for those who are okay with that really bright treble so experiences vary.

Hmm, perhaps store the headphone away when your done with it? You can always get a case for it or wrap it up or something to be safe. Personally, I would say if it lasts a couple years just swap the headphone later to the T1 if you can manage an expensive setup and love that higher treble otherwise definitely the dt 1990 as it’s like one of my number 1 go to’s for gaming and many genres of music.

so, in your opinion what is the best settings for gaming?

i will!! hope the treble don´t bother me because i wanna ear those footsteps…

Yeah, later maybe the option might be upgrading. I´ve looked to dt1990 but is was very expensive compared to the dt990… maybe in 3 years!!

Generally, games use 44.1 frequency in the 24 bits to my knowledge.

You should hear footsteps fine, if not then you may need to dial back the bass using an equalizer of some sort as that should be the only thing getting in your way. Due to the nature of the V signature the lows are increased along with the highs meaning bass and treble are both raised. DT 990 has a pretty respectable bass but I think you should be fine. The issue with the bass though is why some people will swear by the dt 880 instead due to the fact that while it is still bright, its not as bright and doesn’t have such a strong bass presence which is something that can interfere with competitive gaming. However, the dt 880s aren’t as open and have a smaller soundstage from my experience though still respectable.

compared to the 990s pricing oh most definitely. However, it comes with a absolute perfectly accurate sound placement, just as wide of a soundstage giving 360 degree sound, nowhere near as sibilant infact its more of a neutral V signature, and still maintains a great low end and mid end. Don’t be fooled by that price tag though. New it is that much however, if you dig around you’ll quickly see places like on Head-fi will have the headphone priced at $300 - $450 range

Personally I would recommend 24/96 mainly because of improved quality of windows volume and also forcibly bypassing any dsp that won’t turn off into windows. Also let’s you use high rez if you want but doesn’t also tax your system too much in terms of latency or buffer overruns.

2 Likes

@RiceGuru @M0N @Falenkor guys Zeos just release dt880 600ohm review and he’s saying that he only have 2 amps that can run properly the headphones…
Do the líquid Spark do the job with the dt999 600ohm? Can the líquid Spark Run them loud?
Thanks

Z isn’t saying that there are only 2 amps that can run them loud he’s saying to him there are only 2 amps that can provide enough power to provide enough control to properly drive them and bring them to their full potential. The liquid spark can get the 990 fairly loud of course that depends on you opinion on what loud is.

There is some discussion of the DT880’s power needs in the official DT880 thread starting about here: 🔶 Beyerdynamic DT880 600Ω

Yeah you’re right, Z said that but it makes me put a feet back… but nothing better than ask someone that own both what they think…
For me loud ia when you need to remove the headphones from the ears… A lot of people recomended the líquid Spark for the 990s 600ohm so i guess i’ll be fine…

I mentioned this in the other forum for the headphone itself that it takes quite the amp to drive this thing correctly. You can actually drive the 600 ohm with a liquid spark, magni 3+, or other $100 amp but it definitely won’t sound it’s best by any sort. It responds incredibly well with higher tier amps and tubes. You don’t, “need” the high tier stuff but it most definitely goes a long way. Amps in the $200-$400 range seem to push it enough depending on the amp. I have no experience with the Emotiva but I myself own the liquid platinum and my buddy owns the RNHP. Both of these power it fine and really make the headphone sing beautifully. I would not, however, recommend someone to go pick up a very expensive setup just for a dt 880. If you already owned several hi-fi headphones I would say yeah go ahead and upgrade your setup but just this one headphone? nah your better with just a budget option for now.

The issue isn’t so much with it being loud as much as control and sensitivity. It needs a certain setup to really be driven to make it sound right. As for the 990s? Honestly, I have not tested that on a higher end setup myself I probably should however, I can attest to this comment being true. DT 990 600 ohm runs very well on a liquid spark and topping D10. You want a setup that can smooth and dial back that treble otherwise its so sibilant its practically nails across the chalkboard. I love this headphone I really do its definitely in my Top 5 right now it’s just really particular and takes a certain taste in sound to appreciate. It’s kind of a toss up between the 3. DT 770 is a bit of a U shape, 880 is the neutral bright, and 990 is a sharp V lots of bass and a whole ton of treble

If you guys say the dt990 600ohm runs well and loud enough on the líquid Spark + Topping d10 (is topping d30 better?) i trully believe in you guys.
I’m expecting dt990s to arrive next monday and líquid Spark + d10 maybe early July.
Cant wait to game on the new setup.

Subjective, I never tested the D30. I will say the E30 is but only slightly. Little more detail, space, and clean sound to it to my ears.

It definitely gets loud enough on the spark

Just be aware that the 990 in particular isn’t the greatest for competitives. It’s still amazing but for strictly competitive it does have a tad too much bass presence to it. You can dial this back through equalizers and the like and it responds fine to it if you feel the need to. I didn’t personally have this issue but it boils down to just how extreme you want to be in fps involving the cue cards.

Hope you enjoy the setup though!

No not really the d10 or d10s have better price to performance and performance wise the d10 is basically the same as the d30.

1 Like

i end up going with L30+E30 stack. A little (huge) more expensive but with better overall performance. So, i think it will deserve the investment.

hi guys.
So, stack is maybe 1 day away and i wanna ask what is the best config for the stack? i mean what are the inicial config for the E30 (on windows)?
PC via usb => E30 => RCA cable (out) => L30 Amp RCA cable (in) ?

Thanks

That looks correct to me, just install the e30 driver and set it to 24 bit 192 khz you should be good to go

and windows volume, 100%? that frequency is good for gaming? also, i get the driver from website?
PS: the stack have just arrived… :joy: