šŸ”· Neumann NDH20

So Zeos my friend - watched your review - I have the DT1990ā€™s - Iā€™m after a closed back. Would these compliment the DT1990ā€™s??

More bass than the 1990ā€™s??

Iā€™ve had no desire to put on any other headphones since I got these earlier this week. These tick every single box in my opinion. ALL the detail without ever being even remotely harsh, exactly what Ive been searching for the past 5 headphone purchases.

2 Likes

Thanks, they do not give this information anywhere

How about the comfort of NHD20 in everyday use? NHD20 pads are not too small? I currently have an iBasso SR1 on PT1 pads and I am thinking about replacing them just at Neumann. Comfort in the iBasso SR1 is great.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exciting. My interest is super peaked on these cans.

What other headphones have you owned? Curious what you are comparing them to.

Howā€™s the sound stage and imaging on them? Do you get a 3D image or are there dead spots?

Soundstage the Argons win. imaging its a toss up between a few others. Ethers, A2000Z maybe T5p. The high end boys.

1 Like

I have to wait a bit. @skedra from VikingWeave Cables is making a cable with supposedly the normal adapter. So I want to see if its possibleā€¦ THEN I will destroy them.

2 Likes

For everyone asking questions about these, Iā€™ve been listening to them since I got them yesterday. I obviously need more time with them, but I think Zeos said it best when he saidā€¦

ā€œthis is another THX AAA 789 momentā€. ā€œI didnā€™t know closed backs could do what these doā€.

7 Likes

glad to see you guys liked them.
If anyone can compare them to the other cans he has that would be great

1 Like

Waiting on Zā€™s review of the HD 820. Curious to see if he thinks these are better.

Even as a glasses wearer, the pads donā€™t bother me at all. Maybe a little warm and sweat a bit but thatā€™s it. Had them on for probably around 4 hours straight last night and I just move the headband an inch back or forward 1 time. That was it.

2 Likes

I have: Argon mk3, t60rp, b&o h6, hd58x jubilee, m40x, shp9500, monoprice retro, tin t2, and status cb1. They have soundstage in my opinion. Not as much as Argonā€™s. Imaging is excellent and accurate. Iā€™d say thatā€™s the word for these headphones in general. Accurate. Granted Iā€™m no expert here, but to me they are dead in accurate in every way. Nothing exaggerated. Probably 3 - 5 of of my other headphones are going to be getting sold or gifted to family because of these.

2 Likes

I can almost guarantee theyā€™re not $1800 better

2 Likes

There is a substantial difference in cost, but for me, the sound is what matters most. If the HDā€™s are more comfortable and sound better, then I image Iā€™ll probably opt for the HD 820. If the Neumannā€™s sound better then itā€™s an easy call to make. Itā€™s a win for owners of either one.

1 Like

I hear ya. I can tell you I am going to be more than satisfied with the Neumannā€™s for a long while. Finally. Everything else I have I felt was just missing something. Not these.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great to hear. Enjoy your new cans, my friend. In the end itā€™s all about the music. :+1:t4:

How do these compare tonally to the HD650 or ZMF Atticus? Any upper bass to mid bleed? Any of that weird bassy sound you get when people talk like it you set the crossover too high on a subwoofer?

I donā€™t know how they did this in a closed back can its just a closed version of a super hd6** can the vocals mids are so fucking good. bass is present and musical* (thats the way i like to call it) im listening to tool and its amazing and im only on my phone lg v40. These donā€™t sound like closed headphones w t fffff. I think i like them more than my eikonsā€¦ I need more time to collect my thoughts and gain more experience.

2 Likes

nothing bleeds on these headphonesā€¦ just the blood running down my eyes ! they donā€™t sound like closed backs but donā€™t have the air of lets say most open backsā€¦
they sound similar to a hd6** or eikon. not an atticus

1 Like

I meanā€¦ how can someone resist

1 Like