New 350$ Planars -Thieaudio Phantom

Did we come to a conclusion on what the best Brainwaves pad for this is? Which have we tried and what have they done (differently) to the stock pads sound?

Well the idea is to make them for people that don’t have 3D printers.

Sorry to bring the salt to the table, just annoyed at the direct copying…
Of course I down own a ‘hex pattern’ but like, @Wizardofoz could at least come up with their own design if they’re going to try and sell them instead of ripping one off that someone else has already put time into…

1 Like

When is the giant middle finger grill coming out lol. Don’t think anyone would want to copy that

1 Like

created this setup just for fun to do some measurements last week on the raised frame for the original backplate I have made

Used the room analyzer software I got with the microphone, it works but is meant to be measured from many positions so does anyone have tip on a good free audio spectrum analyzer.

2 Likes

When is the giant middle finger grill coming out lol. Don’t think anyone would want to copy that

Zeos would, and then just look at it periodically on his unit during other reviews when hes not feeling it for comedic effect. :wink:

1 Like

Nice! I made a thread about this a few weeks back - Easy (but rough) frequency response measurements!

I used spectroid on android but as far as I could tell there isn’t a way to export the data from it, so I was just screen capping. Other than that it’s a fantastic app.

1 Like

The hex grill I happen to like… if you go onto the thingiverse you will see many hex grilles from 2018 for M1060 headphone covers in the public domain…thus I would conclude maybe yours is not the original either. Many other headphones in production use a similar design.

It happens to be a nice shape and is strong which is win win for the use it performs.

I’m only offering to anyone in Singapore. I don’t expect a rush of orders. I dont have a 3d printer nor do I know how to design this - I paid someone to design what I wanted and print it in a commercial facility.

I think bees actually did it first.

1 Like

Clearly this design was created in 2007 for the masterpiece starring Jerry Seinfeld, the Bee Movie

2 Likes

Made of aluminum 1mm thick. Milling method.

3 Likes

Grilled fabric is thin acoustic.

4 Likes

How much? ……………………………

Made in an advertising workshop. Paid $ 35.

Установил 100% кожа.

So you selling or no? I don’t have a fancy advertising department being I kill bugs and rodents for a living. Maybe a nice grill made from rat parts, how does that sound?..:nauseated_face:

Been up all night listening to my Phantoms and started drinking at 12 so don’t mind my humor…

2 Likes

I did it for myself. I turned to the first workshop. He took off the old grill and gave them for sample.

Playing hooky like Ferris Bueller only adventures in headphones…

How do find a work shop? This whole 3d printing is alien to me. $35 sounds cheap for metal grills.

Pu

t instead of foam. TWARON - angel hair.

1 Like

I have been modding my phantom by following this thread and the sound improve very much.

• removed square foam inside earpad
  • swap earpad to brainwavz xl
  • removed grill fabric
  • removed one circle foam and one left in and centered
  • put large 3mm foam covering outside of the driver

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

3 Likes