Night Oblivion - discussions

Americanspirit, what I want to know is will this be redundant if I have both the Neon Pro and the SR8?

2 Likes

Nah, we tuned it with different philosophy, it won’t be redundant👌

5 Likes

Hey there! Glad to see you here​:smile::clap:

2 Likes

Can you say how the tuning is different?

1 Like

AmericanSpirit, would you be willing to start your own “discoveries” thread here?

1 Like

That already exists.

5 Likes

Since I’m waiting on the final sample as well, I can’t speak of pure FR that I requested, but as far as tuning, driver synergies / implementation, Butasutr will have more details and transparency on upper registers than said two IEMs (NP and SR8), and the core target to par I aimed is qdc’s Anole VX.

For lower energies NP and SR8 is on upper hand.

micro/macro
Butastur: 60/40
Anole VX : 58/42
NP : 55/45
SR8: 45/55

12 Likes

Out of curiosity, what would it cost to sponsor a project like this?

Seems like there are many people discontented with Penon so was wondering if everyone funded this project via a pre-order, could we essentially skip Penon’s involvement (and potentially bringing the cost down even further to reach a wider audience)?

1 Like

Will it have good, solid low end? I can’t handle IEMs with wimpy bass…

Bro, either just buy the thing, or wait for reviews. He said that he cant talk too much about it yet.

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t know we weren’t supposed to discuss the IEM this thread is named after…

3 Likes

I think the operative word is “Yet”. He can’t talk too much about them… yet. I Have to say, I am impressed with the amount of chatter this project has generated. @AmericanSpirit_JP I wish you the very best, Sir. I hope this turns out to be a smashing success! :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Did a shamless plug to pitch this one for you American Spirit at the end of my vid.

At 58:24 :beers:

6 Likes

Butastur final version arrived.

Yes. Yes….Yes.

Finally.

My dream come true.

Trough Butastur, I can see myself flying the sky of music with two wingmans, qdc Anole VX and AuR Neon Pro.

Butastur project final approval is granted✔️

19 Likes

As Butastur is a small hawk, you can’t imagine how well packed 10BAs into this small body, here is the size comparison.

Also the close shot of stock cable.

22 Likes

It will need a global distribution logistics and payment gateway with full time supporting staff, so it will cost some investment those business platform.

Maybe Drop.com would be another option but obviously they are not international shipping experts and EU folks may not get goods delivered to them.

Lastly there will be kickstarter or similar cloud funding services, but I’m not familiar with their logistics solutions so this time I asked established distributors for the sponsorship.

5 Likes

Wow, it’s smaller than MEST II as well. nice! Good luck with the launch, mate.

4 Likes

Outstanding!

I hope Penon does one of their discount promotions for these when they go on sale there.

3 Likes

It has Air Pressure Balance vent😎

Taking Sonion AcuPass to its max performance.

This is added to the final draft and I’m simply astonished of APB vent performance combined with Bass-vent directly connected to AcuPass😁

Man, Jinny is a genius.

9 Likes

How do I buy this IEM then?

Maybe a few months down the line. I’m broke :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes