Confined
Enclosures

Altering
Listening for
Better
Ear
Response
Targets

A little painful at first but allows for a whole new range of supports and customization.

9 Likes

The artist formally known as Prince!

1 Like

Ahhhhh, I see what you did th -

5 Likes

Mmmyeahh, I’m interested quite!

1 Like

Do you relieve pressure by letting him out of the can?

3 Likes

the penon link goes to a 403 page (prob due to formatting), but if you just go to penon home page it’s the first listing on the page anyways.

4 Likes

Congrats on the launch! Hopefully everything will be smooth-sailing and the first of many more Night Oblivion units internationally.

5 Likes

Well, congrats to anyone who can buy a Night Oblivion set :grin:I can only watch out from afar right now

4 Likes

Could someone please post the final FR graphs and when switches are used?

4 Likes

Those are in the initial post by @AmericanSpirit_JP

3 Likes

So you could say only around 1k to 4k won’t be affected by switches?

1 Like

I’m not used to GRAS vs IE711 or whatever it’s called so not easy for me to approximate the sounds from this vs graphs I usually peruse

5 Likes

it has a warm bass tuning that extends into midrange and around 8db pinna gain. the 8 to 10k has some peaks so it wont particularly be dark sounding so it will sound warmer and somewhat softer than iems like blessing series.
mild v shape i would say.

1 Like

Thanks!

Fixed the link​:smile::ok_hand:

Thanks!!

First Batch is likely gone.

I shared this link on both twitter (Mainly Japanese audiences) and here, and when combined, I received more than 20 code requests which was more than 9 set batch I thought first sales might be.

Thank you all! Another 15 sets are almost ready to be shipped​:ok_hand::smile:

11 Likes

Per requests; Butastur walk-through session.

Conducted with H570 ear tips: you can find AE links on this tweet’s sub branch.
https://twitter.com/detroitbcm/status/1644154983447764992?s=46&t=0JEY5S3Hf1wWOxR34LyJdw

Frequency Response:
0-0: Spirit Mode

1-0: Macro-Dynamism Mode

0-1: Micro-Detail Mode

Basic Spec:
107db 30ohms
10BA per side

-Sonion AcuPass Vented Woofer (2BA)
-Knowles HODTEC (2BA)
-Knowles GR31653 x 2 (4BA)
-Knowles TWFK (2BA)

:arrow_forward:︎BRAS (Butastur Reactive Air-pressure System)

Butastur features an innovative ultra-low frequency control that prevents the bass from overpowering the higher frequencies. The ear is protected from damage by maintaining a balanced sound level of 110 dB. A stunning physical bass diving that delivers a thrilling sensation to the head is the result, without compromising the clarity of the vocals and instruments. The product also reduces the sibilance sound, which can be harsh and unpleasant to the ear. The best low-frequency dynamic sense is preserved by Butastur, making it an excellent choice for music lovers.

Too long?

Here are BRAS techs in a simple Engilsh

-Prevents resonance and protects against stimulation caused by high frequencies

-Serves to discharge certain frequencies, protecting ears from hearing damage

-Discharge High sound pressure and effectively protecting ears

-Ensure long term wearing comfort without pressure-build up

-Serves as natural air pressure reserve, and delivers natural lower mid and bass resonance

:arrow_forward:︎Timbre Tasting (0-0 Spirit Mode)

*This is a way to present timbre similar to perfume (scent) or Wine (taste).

Top Note : High-fidelity, intimate, harmonious and rich sounding Piano / Vocals

Middle Note: Natural, Highly textured, and Spatial lower registers

Bottom Note: Neutral, highly resolving yet non-fatiguing layered finesse

Overall: Instrument-oriented neutral timbre (no one specific instruments (including vocals) would standing out one another, all instruments are equally focused.

:arrow_forward:︎Resolution
—Butastur needs no introduction in resolving capabilities, a total of 6BA per side( Knowles GR and TWFK) handles the higher registers, TOTL resolution without artificial coloration is what makes this IEM unique.

:arrow_forward:︎Imaging
—Phase match and Group Delay is carefully matched by GRAS as well as B&K devices, Butastur imaging is what I’d compare with Neon Pro / Anole VX class.

:arrow_forward:︎**Diffusion Field **
—As for Spirit Mode (0-0) Butastur has rather average diffusion field articulation, similar to qdc family tuning. For Micro-detail mode (0-1), the sound stage diffusion field will moderately expanded for the use in some tracks that the microscopic details would come to the first priority.

:arrow_forward:Layering
Probably one of the most breath taking point, as Butastur is designed to be neutral sounding with high-spec drivers, 6BAs are dedicated for detail upper register articulation. Full Orchestral and Complex electronica will benefit from this layering capability especially for 0-1 mode,

:arrow_forward:Is da bass good?
When combined BRAS vent and Sonion AcuPass, short answer is “Yes, daunm good”. Longer answer will be it will sound very “airy” and close to my liking of how LCP would sound on bass range. Tactile, Nimble, yet full bodied.

Scalability :

Butastur is a product of perfection That demands the best of your collection Of DAPs, sources, and recordings sublime To reveal its true power and shine It renders dynamic range like no other Making every sound clear and smoother Butastur is not for the faint of heart It’s for those who seek the finest art

She is spec-hungry.

Butastur is not a product for the ordinary. It craves the challenge of the extraordinary.

The Nürburgring Nordschleife is its ultimate test. The toughest race track, where only the best can impress. There, Butastur can unleash its full potential.

And show its prowess in every essential. Butastur is not a product for the public roads. It belongs to the realm of the racing gods.

—Final impression score (based on my HRTF)
Overall | S+
Tonality | S+
Resolution | S
Overall Coherence | S-

1. Diffusion Field coherence | A-
  2. Image coordinate positioning coherence | S-
  3. Image Focusing Coherence | S
  4. Sound wave momentum & Sound Image vectoring coherence | A+

My other A-rated IEMs:
Moondrop Droplet (A-) | Audiosense DT200 (A-) | Audiosense AQ4 (A-) | Simgot EA500 (A-) | DUNU Titan S (A-) | JUZEAR A41T (A-) | Truthear HEXA (85/100: A) l AFUL P5 (A) | Blessing 2 (84/100: A) | Blessing 2 Dusk (85/100: A) | Mangird Tea (84/100: A) | AKG N5005 (A-) | See Audio Bravery (A)

My higher than A-rated:
Audio Lokahi (A+) | Blessing 3 (A+) | Sound Rhyme SR5 (A+) | Westone W80 (A+) | Tangzu Wu Zetian (A+) | 7Hz Timeless (A+) | DUNU SA6 (S-) | Moondrop Variations (S-) | Softears RSV (S-) | Thieaudio Monarch (S-) | SoundRhyme DTE500 (S) | Aur Audio Neon Pro (S) | UM MEST MKII (S) | qdc Anole VX (S+) | SoundRhyme SR8 (S+)

—Try this track with Butastur and you will know why:

Butastur will show her potential especially as a piece in which the natural harmony of chords, resonance and reverberation are often evident.

Hi-res lossless:

Youtube:

16 Likes

Hi @AmericanSpirit_JP

Congratulations for your project.

Pretty sure I’m jumping in down the line!

3 Likes

Butastur is developed with H570 ear tips, unfortunately due to unstable procurement route that H570’s sellers are offering, it was not included as the stock ear tip, however H570 has some very unique features (believe me I have 200+ ear tips and reached to this ear tip as an ultimate modern IEM solution) .

The unique features of H570 is “retain bass impact while releasing excessive and unnaturally congested bass gains” & “opening up spaces while retain clarify”

When combined BRAS technology and H570, the sound is set to very neutral.

For Butastur FR is just a small slice of the sound profile’s one dimension.

2 Likes

Green with envy for all who could swing it. Disappointed for myself, watching from the sidelines.

Joyful for @AmericanSpirit_JP and you lucky “bastages”, you few you lucky few, you band of Butastur brothers.

I’ll get me hands on a set down the road, you puny humans, HULK SMASH :laughing:

3 Likes

If Penon is still saying in stock are you able to confirm if they’re actually available as part of this first batch?

1 Like