Night Oblivion - discussions

Never got a chance to click a photo, until now. Too engrossed in listening.

13 Likes

Has he tried with H570 ear tip?

The “forward” expression he mentioned is what people would generally perceive with “ok, pair it what ever cheap ones” type stock tip. I’d want to emphasize, please just forget about the stock ear tip that come with it, it’s 5cents random tips.

Not meant to be used on Butastur. We could ship Butastur without ear tips, but at least something.

The one and only compromise we had to make is H570 ear tips we couldn’t pair. The sourcing company never responded and we can’t rely on random Aliexpress shop for some commercial production IEM.

I like his comparison with many IEMs, most of them are my personal reference IEMs too that I play around on daily basis😄

Love how he describes Anole VX’s bass switch, and that’s exactly what I feel “a disaster “ . I respectfully disagree with his assessment with detail retrieval of Butastur vs Anole VX and he commented 70-80% of VX though.

VX is artificially increasing 7-9khz to make sound image vivid, that provides a fake “detail”. It is overly emphasized and thus too colored, which I don’t consider it “detail” of an actual sound expression is.

The true detail retrieval shall stands on how natural it can project the sound and its chromatic scale. Of which Butastur is at least on par with VX.

For bass the mighty qdc failed to make unvented bass BA to work properly with that bass switch.

As an owner of VX, I know it’s weakness and always wanted to cure those. Butastur is my answer to qdc, “hey this is how it supposed to be”
Based on my qdc love from qdc
/DUNU / SeAudio’s IEMs as well.

8 Likes

Although I haven’t heard either, I always take iems with spicy enhanced treble that are “detailed” with a big grain of salt. Butastur is somehow regarded to be smooth and detailed, and thats when you know you have got a great iem on your hands.

2 Likes

Hi @AmericanSpirit_JP ,

I’m interested in purchasing the Night Oblivion. However, I came across the Forget Night Audio W10 on Taobao (see attached image) which has similar specifications. Is this a clone or a version specifically sold in China? The W10 is in stock, so there’s no wait time. If they are the same, I’ll go ahead and buy it. Thank you.

That logo seems to be the same on the carrying case…is it a copy?

Even the specs, design - everything is same! The cable too!

They are two different IEMs.

Different drivers / crossovers / and hardware configs.

Night Oblivion was dealing with chinese domestic market with Jinny’s own tuning. W10 is one of them and that where I noticed the existence of Night Oblivion.

W10 is unbelievably bright tuned and it’s unvented as well. I didn’t find W10 particularly interesting but I know that’s what Chinese domestic market wanted. The cost of drivers are down graded to sell for Chinese domestic market too.

If you want a thin sounding bright IEM with pressure build up, with typical BA timbre, you can try W10 though, it has technical chop, and that’s why I felt Night Oblivion is capable to make something.

It took a long path to get to build Butastur, and here we are.

2 Likes

That logo is WY(night oblivion’s chinese old name).

Not a sleek design, so we redesign a new brand logo. Some accessories are based on WY logos though.

W10 has 90:10 Micro/Macro ratio, to put it this way, all I could hear was all cymbals and metallic details with no bass.

I knew that was Chinese domestic market fetish, but that 90:10 would never ever going to work on international market.

So we worked to make 10BA that actually work to do 60:40 ~ 55-45 Micro/Macro, and tried to minimize that BA timbre, with more organic timbre yet with highest timbral accuracy as well as chromatic scaling / pitch accurate technicalities, the one you are enjoying today.

4 Likes

Thank you for the clarification.

1 Like

Ok it’s seem strange here. they even have something the same as BRAS System.

And the cable of Butastur have name forgot night audio on it!!

Yea it’s Jinny’s workshop.
They use same cables and ear tips.

Looks like Jinny is using BRAS for W10 too.

He’s updating W10 based on Butastur I can see.

My W10 is unvented.

You can go ahead and try W10 if it has BRAS, I’m pretty sure it shall sound a lot better than old version.

1 Like

Just spoke with Jinny.

He said those W10 on sale on taobao are prototypes of Butastur’s old tuning🤣

He’s got 3 prototypes leftover on hand for Taobao, so that those won’t be wasted.

We made many prototypes, and those can’t be sold as Butastur, makes sense.

That semi-Butastur is limited to 3, all different tuning, expect BA timbres / thin note weight though.

Those will be last of W10 it seems.

His capacity is already overloaded and he mentioned he no longer intend to continue W10 series going forward.

If you are OK with semi-Butastur, those 3 units are the last of three.

4 Likes

Ok it’s seems understandable.

I ordered last week at full price to support you and wait for Penon to send to me. I almost got heart attack :joy:

3 Likes

Those prototypes got different drivers too, good as a collector’s sample, but ultimately it’s for lab clearance sale of backyard prototypes :smile:

WY? I thought the logo the top view of a hawk’s head, beak pointing downwards. Found it pretty cool too :smile:

1 Like

I couldn’t get a proper fit using H570 on Butastur, so I’m using CP100 instead and wow I can definitely hear more bass now. Just another variation to suit your taste.

2 Likes

Even with M size or S size or the H570 is too small for your ear?

For SpinFit I recommend to get W1. CP100 alters the sound too much while W1 had a milder alteration.

1 Like

I usually use M size for CP100 so I ordered the M and MS size of H570 but I still couldn’t get proper seal. The diameter seems similar to CP100 M size but strangely it felt too big and uncomfortable to my ear. . I’m ordering H570 S size now. Finger crossed.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, due to larger bore size, the flange materials are weaker on H570 when compared to SpinFit CP100 /CP100+ types.

When you are making decision on ear tip size, it is more important to know how deep it will fit rather than the diameter comparison. For that SpinFit CP100 series’s M are more close to H570’s S to my ears.

Hope H570 S fit to your ear👍

2 Likes