Night Oblivion - discussions

I can ask, but as you know I’m not making business decisions. I have a disagreement on pricing and you see what I did.

As many of us know, cables don’t cost much.

So removing cable to reduce cost is just an excuse in offering a discount.

Vice versa, whatever premium cables you pair to an IEM, and call it god almighty 6th dimension high-end, it’s hard to justify $500 a cable on top of the price tag.

I have a direct communication pipe with one of the notable cable maker, and I know they sell $20 cable to one of those “high-end” cable brands. Those final retailing price of the “high-end” cables will end up with fancy naming and nicer looking accessories ending up 30x the original cost.

Maybe you are paying for shamanism /intangible blessing of that premium cable brand offers.

Shady business.

22 Likes

@AmericanSpirit_JP Which $20 cable would you specifically recommend?
I have yet to purchased an aftermarket cable, thinking my first would be the $20 Tripowin Zonie 16 Core Silver Plated single ended 3.5mm 2-pin 0.75mm.
Don’t have any balanced equipment.
None of the IEMs in my stable were more than $65, so a $20-30 cable is justifiable.
Returned the one over $150 IEM, supplanted by KZ PR2 v1.

1 Like

When are you guys expecting to receive your units?
Mine will be shipped on Monday, so mine will arrive one and a half week later…

1 Like

Take a look at which ones look the best to you.

https://xinhs.aliexpress.com/store/910746107

6 Likes

NiceHCK / XINHS /KBEAR offers good quality cables, one exception is the plug material they use are not the best of a kind like those hign-end brands are offering.

KBEAR Hazy and NiceHCK BlackSoul are two good cables at $20-30 range.

Forget about Zonie, It’s outdated.

7 Likes

If you have the picture of those other plugs you want, xinhs can very likely use them as well.

2 Likes

Oh, man, I’m sorry to hear that. I like my Zonies and C8s

3 Likes

Haha it’s not bad, but the quality of cables are getting better and better. You can’t imagine cables like Hazy is sold around $26. The finish is superb so does the cable quality

3 Likes

Scrolled up to try and find where it’s said but I got lazy so I’ll ask what’s the sound signature of the project(s)?

1 Like

Developed with H570 ear tips (unfortunately we couldn’t pair it as a stock ear tips though)

-micro 60 / macro 40 balance at stock tuning with adjustability to 65 /35 or 55 / 45

-soft and uncolored instrumental neutral, this means it’s not like trending harman / weak harman (moondrop / crinacle) that has noticeable upper mid focus (that vocals gets some priority)

-natural bass with spatial and meaty punch by boosting Sonion’s vented AcuPass technology to its maximum potential. (Yes better than SA6 did)

-lush textures and layering

-natural finesse articulation that is not following currently trending “fake air” type 15khz boost to make sound vivid. Combined with Butastur Reactive Air-pressure System, the ultra crisp treble won’t be sibilant or overly bright yet it presents extremely detailed and “non grainy” resolving capabilities.

8 Likes

Beautiful synopsis good sir!:blush::sunglasses::v:

1 Like

@AmericanSpirit_JP After that abridged description I find myself yet even more disappointed that I cannot swing a buy of the “Buddah Stir”, sad. Waaaa…

Best to you and all participating.

P.S. Any sub $30 cables that use both cable material and plugs you approve of?

1 Like

Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you @AmericanSpirit_JP. This set is excellent! You’re setting the bar for all-BA sets. You aimed for TOTL and you did it. Pass my thanks onto Jinny too.

28 Likes

Yea…sorry mate, thanks for your willingness to participate at least.

I just received a feedback from Penon, and as expected, exact same response I made above with same rationale🥲

For sub $30 cable, KBEAR Hazy / NiceHCK BlaskSoul uses a pretty premium quality of cable.

Hazy

Hazy & HEXA & H570

BlackSoul

2 Likes

My pleasure!! Glad to hear from hardcore early bird with solid trustworthy ears to approve Butastur​:laughing::+1:

Yes, the moment I had the final pre-release version, I was so convinced Butastur will throw a stone to IEM market.

TOTL with mid-fi pricing, and forcing competition and remind IEM brands making expensive trophy earphone that “finest sound” is not a toy of millionaires.

10 Likes

Welcome to HFGF :smiley: man that set looks dope enjoy :+1:

3 Likes

Haha, thanks. Your recommendations have always been spot on and now having heard Butastur in 0-0, assuming stock tuning is your intended vision and preference, we have identical tastes. Organic weight to low mids, upper midrange not too forward and never invasive with vocals or woodwind/brass, treble detail for flourish with natural extension and air.

The air pressure relief system is excellent by the way. Zero pressure build up.

You will be glad to hear that I enjoy this more than SR8. It has a deeper stage with better imaging and less vocal recession. SR8 is already a legitimate threat to the kilobuck market, so the Butastur will definitely shake things up. The buzzard-hawk has its talons out…! I’ll post more pics later.

Also thanks @Ohmboy for the kind welcome.

18 Likes

Thanks!!!

Yes Butastur is my ideal tuning, and is the “all you will need” type all-rounder.

We’ve put effort to have Butastur serving as long term season and lifetime partner, a long lasting IEM which even Moondrop and other major power houses are not realized that’s what a hardcore audiophile cares.

Yes, I used my UE TF10PRO well over a decade with, but each didn’t last more than 4 years, so I had to re-order TF10 for 3 times.

I’ve discussed this with Jinny and decided to make a long lasting IEM, not only the durability but also the sound that will never be “outdated” at any time.

11 Likes

Here too :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL… kinda reminds me of this, if you know then you know…"The Word “Hayabusa” is Japanese for “Peregrine Falcon”. Just like its namesake, Hayabusa is renowned for cutting through the air with extraordinary agility and performance. The Hayabusa motorcycle was designed to eat” the Honda Blackbird the same way peregrine falcons eat blackbirds…

:eagle::musical_note:

2 Likes