Night Oblivion - discussions

Contact Penon by email. I asked them a few days ago about another question and they answered me after 20 minutes on my mail. I think their customer support is good.

1 Like

Haha well that’s preference thing, some may prefer high sound pressure one of those unvented ones.

I’d advise for that case, try to keep volume less than 80db and try not exceed 30 minutes of each listening to prevent permanent damage to ones ear for early hearing loss.

Nevertheless, men are subject to more drastic hearing losses than women.

2 Likes

That data is probably skewed from what I assume to be more men working with louder jobs.

And its definitely not 30 minutes for 80db.

2 Likes

Butastur’s BRAS is more like you have driver side of window, sunroof, and opposite side of rear window opened with certain ratio while you are driving and listening. While regular vented IEMs are only having driver side window fully opened.

In order to keep music to sound live, we have to crank up the gain levels in that open field situation. However window shall not be fully opened or you lose resonance and sound will be very pale. It is a secretive ratio among the BRAS system that certain ratio of vent system sizes , capacitance of the pressure reservoir that matches with driver native outputs, to reproduce what you are hearing, “it can get loud but not fatiguing, natural timbre and accurate pitch / chromatic scaling” .

5 Likes

I had also assumed as much. Also, since these charts always make me curious, I popped my Storms out of my ears and used an SPL app to do a quick measurement: I have minor hearing loss due to occupational hazards, and I do not understand how anyone could comfortably listen anywhere near or above 90 db. My ass was tapping out at ~85 for dynamic peaks, average around 80. That’s also AFTER volume creep from adjustments made while my ears got used to the volume level.

1 Like

You dont know the meme in my discord server then. :joy:

5 Likes

I’m just a more cautious person haha.

The study’s condition may be based on the series of exams which are done with open field decibel exposure not, In-Ear canal exposure.

2 Likes

Ah my apologies. Looking back it looks like it was @AceBee who is also posting Metal tracks I’ve been listening to. Are you based in the United States? Your reputation here seems solid and we could possibly setup a one for one demo exchange if you have something of similar value I’ve never heard. I could also graph whatever you send at the same time and throw it up on the database. I have some reputable members here I’ve been involved in frequent exchanges with who I’m sure wouldn’t mind vouching for me.

4 Likes

I appreciate it! But I’m very far from America, I’m in Eastern Europe, unfortunately. Otherwise, it would be good for an IEM exchange.

4 Likes

that is an amusing chart. think hearing loss has more to do with occupational hazards, personal habits & luck; some people can voluntarily tense their tympanic membrane (or whatever its called) this is built in hearing protection. i believe everyone’s TM activates when a sudden loud noise is detected by the pinna.
Close your eyes tight - you might hear a rumbling :rofl: or not :grimacing:

2 Likes

I was thinking an abbreviation for Butastur as NOB (Night Oblivion Butastur) then quickly looked up possible slang outcome, phew, glad I wasn’t too impulsive.

7 Likes

Phew, dodged a bullet there!

7 Likes

The guy knows what jokes he wants us to focus on. Can’t be diverting us with too many questionable acronyms lmao

2 Likes

Shhh🤫 Bras are good, Nobs are bad.

3 Likes

This instantly reminded me of a song by Three 6 Mafia. If you know you so won’t link the song.

5 Likes

Is it bad that I instantly gravitate to the cribbage definition? :black_joker:

2 Likes

then you are pure-hearted buddy🙌

2 Likes

I bet it’s pretty corny…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Like Corn on the Cob :rofl:

2 Likes