Night Oblivion - discussions

Has he considered using 3d printing services instead?

2 Likes

Listening to Butastur this morning in the office, and a comparison has come to mind…
It could be said, saving the distance, that the Butastur is the HD800S of IEMs.

It doesn’t have such an open scene, of course. But its sound reminds me of the HD800S, a lot.

3 Likes

Haha a lot. Probably need to sell 1000s of Butasrur.

As I work for automotive industry and of course I deal with many of industry grade high-end 3D printers and know their costs. It costs a lot.

2 Likes

Like HeyGears, yea, but we are dealing with very minimum volumes. Outsourcing is not a good option for economies of scale at this moment.

1 Like

That’s great to know!

My Sennheiser collections are stopped at HD650 and recently HD560S.

So HD800S also has this spatial expression traits😄

It may not be a coincidence as headphone-like natural timbre reproduction and imaging projection are also BRAS system’s challenge.

2 Likes

Funny thing, I’ve rolled quite a few cables to Butastur. Found DragonScale and MoonGod a good match but sometime they could sound a bit too sibilant.

Switched back to stock and found that’s the best balanced one😄

Will try roll other cables later on.

5 Likes

Yeah I think so, I’ve rolled so many cables in my collection too but never found one that give me good balanced and great dynamic as stock one.

Great work !!

2 Likes

Bringing this iem to Can Jam So Cal in a few days. Still enjoying it.

5 Likes

Great😄

Hope more people got a chance to try.

2 Likes

Nah, not heygears their MOQ is insanely high and not viable for most at all.

I mean something like FacFox.

1 Like

The venting is quite efficient.
Compared to the Orchestra Lite, the sense of oppression is almost non-existent.

3 Likes

do you seriously rate the hd560s?

But how big is the bass? The curve at 1,000 scares me!

1 Like

The bass is so much yes, so much that I can’t keep switch 1 on (let’s not talk about the TURBO switch), but being a BA bass, and being strong, it gives a ‘strange’ sound sensation, which I haven’t gotten to yet used to it.

But in reality what strikes me about this IEM is everything else. That so much too.

In short, it is certainly an unconventional IEM, as I like them.

3 Likes

It’s extremely light (or in the other words plastic-y), so the weaeing comfort is very good. The sound is also agreeable and that was the last release from Sennheiser brother’s ownership.

I had HD414, and their first electronic (passive electret) headphone, so I’d thought to complete the history with their last release is somehow a mandatory duty from me.

1 Like

Haha you’d call me basshead while
I especially enjoy with the turbo switch on!

Someone tuned moderate bass Butastur also loves big bass😁

5 Likes

My way of storing cables.

Phase1:

Budget: less than $30USD
Stand1:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPWXYca
Stand2:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0FJpww

Still waiting items for phase 2 and 3😄

9 Likes

have the hd599 (very comfortable) & just use it for some practicing, assuming they sound about the same?

1 Like

an octave of wires :v: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

It’s very difficult to take a photo of the Butastur, since I do not want to take them out of the ears whenever they are nearby :sweat_smile:.

Using them in UU configuration now. Need that treble zing :yum:

5 Likes