Night Oblivion - discussions

What is the nozzle diameter of the Butastur? My set is also arriving tomorrow, super exciting!

6.0 mm at its widest point according to my measurements.
Take a look at how it’s shaped, though. Not every tip of mine sits securely on it.

5 Likes

Butastur was designed using h570 tips.

1 Like

finally the Butastur has landed at my home & was immediately impressed with them; such a natural refined sound, absolutely love em :v::sunglasses::+1: my gratitude to Jinny Tan & American Spirit :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

only had it today & didn’t realise had them on for 3-4 hours straight, usually i’d try out an IEM for 1 or 2 hours max’; they kick arse, in a subtle way :v::sunglasses::+1:

8 Likes

Night Oblivion Butastur landed, got it on loan from my good friend.

15 Likes

the stock cable is good, but what cable is that? looks good

1 Like

Effect Audio Cadmus 8wire.

1 Like

Can’t wait to read your impressions. Your reviews are like the Gold Standard of written reviews.

1 Like

Thanks. Probably not reviewing it, but will give my opinion after more use. Its impressive, on the more analytical thin side. But for the correct music its excellent.

6 Likes

On early impressions, how would you compare it against the DTE900, SR8, Neon Pro and Miroak 2.
For genres such as rock, progressive, ballads, riffs, edm and modern pop. I know these are varied genres. but I can keep 2 of above or other IEMs.

1 Like

Way to early, not really a racer when learning a set. I also got two other IEMs today, so was a little busy :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Sorry, the excitement got me. Congratulations on your sets. Will be looking impressions on your other sets too. Are they in the similar league? (The other two sets, in terms of price points and configurations).

1 Like

which tips are you using?

One was the planar IEM TinHifi P1 Max, 100usd roughly.
The other AüR Audio Alita 12BA, at around 900usd. Quite different price range from Butastur, also tuned different.

4 Likes

So I did a head-fi review not long ago and promised to update when my H570 and nice hack cable came in. Both are here, and I’m very impressed. Thanks, American Spirit. The tips are pretty damn nice. <3

5 Likes

Glad to hear that😄

Yes Butastur is developed with H570, just so sad we couldn’t accommodate it as stock.

2 Likes

I’ve been developing IEM show casing.

The reason why is that I want this IEM hobby to be more respected like those wines laying in the nicely made wine cellars or beautiful paintings.

I asked Tangzu and they ignored me, oh well, then I will make it myself.

After proof of concept I will bring it to someone who can mass produce it. With better and sleek designs brush ups.

I don’t care about patents and other intellectual rights about this idea, if someone copied and make it a merchandise, I’d appreciate it too.

All I want is a nice showcase, that is
:arrow_forward:︎Dust-proof
:arrow_forward:︎Moisture-proof
:arrow_forward:︎Art showcase style
:arrow_forward:︎worry-free self solar powered, 24/7 lights on during night time

Here is

prototype #1-ver1

Prototype #1-ver2

Prototype #1-ver3

Different lighting

I will have prototype #2 and #3 and try to see which one would be a better fit for commercial product to look for sponsorship.

17 Likes

I’ve been using this particular cable from CEMA due to my preference of having black 0.78mm termination with the Butastur. Another good thing is that CEMA’s logo is an eagle, so it does follow the “birds of prey” theming here. Sounds pretty nice too!

7 Likes

That is an impressive work you’ve done here. The whole thing seems really well thought. I can feel you have a great experience with “luxury storage”.
The solar source for lighting is genius to me.

A suggestion for the lighting (which for me would be the hardest thing to get right): getting a different colour than white/yellow could reveal some sets better. The ideal thing would be having RGB, but it would mean having to get a remote for it, and it would certainly be overkill/ to much of a hindrance.

1 Like