Night Oblivion - discussions

I actually like them with Final E…:pleading_face:. I’m so sorry​:sweat_smile::joy:. Finaly got H570, but have lendt Butastur to a friend for some weeks. Will of course try them when I get them back. Enjoyed them a lot!

1 Like

which configuration did you prefer with the switches for orchestral music?

I had a brief session with the Butastur today just to make up my mind for buying it. Such a great iem it is. What a lovely tuning!

1. The Azla Sedna Light tips really fit very well on it. Better than Spinfit w1 and H570 eartips(which the @AmericanSpirit_JP has suggested). H570 is bit wide for my earcanal.

2. Just for the sake of it, I changed the cable on it to the cable which comes with Kublai Khan which is just decent, nothing great. I am sure there is a slightly better dynamics, not much but surely it’s there. I don’t have a better cable than this so can’t say much.

3 Likes

I have not touched the switches. The sound was great out of the box and I don’t feel I miss anything.

1 Like

To be honest, Butastur’s cable is already top notch, that means whatever cables you buy on the market, spending $1000 or $2000 on it, it’s just a matter of taste difference.

If cable is sold separately it can go around $150 +/- accessories that comes with it as a tier 1 cost, then if a famous brand decides to add their brand name on it, it can jump up to ten fold.

I’m starting to think this is the mentality of many other TOTL brands undergoing.

“If sold cheap, people value it as “good for price”, so we have to sell it expensive “

I’m start developing an uneasy feeling seeing people throw “good for the price” while it certainly isn’t.

Butastur is developed to fly exactly same league with other high-ends, and even better at some extent.

I feel sad some people judge sound by the price tag.

The partner already told me “you see, that’s the consequence selling highend at low price, many people judge sound by the price tag”.

Maybe I made a mistake.

12 Likes

Totally understand your point, my friend. May be it’s bit of a preconceived notion that I have for cables that’s why felt some of difference. Nevertheless, the cable on Butastur is for sure decent one.

1 Like

Also, please note it, I am not a pro cable guy, so have never spent any money on cables. :blush::blush:

1 Like

Perhaps it is human nature that if a person spends more time & effort toward a goal, they will value it more. The price point thing is nonsense & you have proven that with Butastur, thank you. Must admit that the genre thing gets up my nose too & makes no sense. As for the cable/ wire thing; mostly nonsense, but sometimes slight tweaks can affect matches/ mismatches & alter sound, which might be audible.

2 Likes

Its surprising that thousands of orders have not been made for this gem of an earphone

3 Likes

It’s a niche product.

IMHO even well-known TOTL brands like Unique Melody or 64 Audio rarely sell more than 500 copies of their newly released models.

Still, Butastur is highly underrated, but I think this will change.

5 Likes

My Butastur arrived today. I’ll be honest I wasn’t overly confident it would be for me, but I’m happy to say I’ve been very pleasantly surprised and very impressed.

8 Likes

not using the stock cable?

You know, I haven’t even tried it. I purchased the PW Audio cable for the Neon Pro, but I had issues with the pressure build up, due to the non-vented design. So, I decided I’d pair it with the Butastur when it arrived.

I really like thinner, lighter cables as I often listen to music when I’m out walking etc.

4 Likes

The famous Veblen effect…

Above all, you have to think about the fact that you have succeeded in your project. Many of us are happy with your iem, so the bet is more than successful.
You knew what you were getting into, you explained it well.
But it’s true that sometimes, you can ask yourself questions depending on the reactions / use cases you see.

Personally, I like your Butastur with the “classic” (or short) SednaEarFit. But i bought the H570, they are also very good, so I use them :grin:

3 Likes

yeah know what you mean, Usually just shove the wire under clothing to sort that out

1 Like

I can’t comment on more expensive sets as the Butastur is my most expensive set.
But I can comment on sound quality.
The set is amazing. I had no doubts the treble and mids would be very well done.
What I didn’t expect was such a good quality bass.
The other thing is the detail retrieval. It’s my best set, allied with a very correct timbre.

This IEM is for music lovers, not for brand lovers or for bragging.

Don’t doubt yourself. You and Jinny accomplished something remarkable.

7 Likes

Thank you all, I will try to keep next project as low price offer as well.

Hoping people judge purely based on performance.

Anyway,

Just built a hifi station for my beloved class A balanced tube amp with Muse02 biturbo😄

4th Floor:
DAP/ Smartphone with wireless charging station

3rd Floor:
DAC Dongle / Preamp

2nd Floor:
Power Amp

1st Floor:
Cooling fan for Tube Amp

Ground Floor: maybe add insulators :grin:

The case is semi-dark transparent so you can see dual tube amps in the dark.

Budget was around 50USD

Here is the link of the components if anyone interested

Just paired Butastur on this system, with new Muse02 OpAmps.

I guess I like Cayin RU6 over RU7 in terms of analog sound conversion :smile:

5 Likes

Stumbled onto the discussion about the Butastur. Just curious what kind of sound these had? I’m a non audiophile down the rabbit hole looking at a kajillion different earphones- the only time I’d ever use the word timbre is if I had an axe and was standing at the base of a tree. Just looking for an earphone for my Fiio M17. Would these suit soft rock- Fleetwood Mac, indie/electric- Garbage, rock/pop- Texas, stuff like this? Thanks

4 Likes

Welcome to HFGF @Killerhippy I hope you enjoy your time here.

Ahh the audio rabbit hole - you’re not alone in that regard! You couldn’t be in a much better place to ask questions and get feedback, which I see you 've already begun, NICE!

Enjoy the music :notes:

2 Likes

Very kind welcome. Thank you

1 Like