Night Oblivion - discussions

If you mean BA-ONLY iems, then its pretty much only this and the 64 Audio iems (the ones with the Apex system).

If not the “BA-only” specification, then pretty much all iems have venting that prevents pressure.

2 Likes

None of the other IEMs I’ve tried have such a venting system that make it feel like there’s nothing being put in the ear.

4 Likes

What other iems have you tried then?

Sorted by price: KiwiEars Quartet, Moondrop Starfield & Variations, BGVP Phantom, UM MEST Mk 2, and FatFreq Maestro SE

2 Likes

If this gives you problem then it looks like the majority of iems out there will…

Semi-open iems will work for you but they are a rare handful of them out there (Sony EX800st, Sony EX1000 and the Isinie iems).

2 Likes

It’s not that it’s a problem but an annoyance when I have them in my ears for 2+ hours at a time.

1 Like

Céleste pandamon IS an open/semi-open design too, iirc?

If that is real then it looks like a semi open iem.

2 Likes

Looks like a semi-ugly IEM to me :smile:

6 Likes

Yes, I think its ugly as well and I AM a weeb…
(Jujutsu Kaisen)

They even launched a version of it without the logo but just left it blank like that kinda makes it worse imo.

7 Likes

Just received my AceOrpheus. I think it’s a very solid pairing to the Butastur, a tad warm and has excellent clarity.

11 Likes

It looks great. Mine’s at least a week away.
Does it come with the soft case shown in your photo?

1 Like

That’s a thick boy!
Is it comfortable to wear?

2 Likes

I’m currently using butastur with cadmus and hs18 eartip. i tried other tips and cables but cadmus and hs18 fits well for me. I’ll try aceorpheus soon.

2 Likes

yeah can breathe through them :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it comes with the case

1 Like

I felt aceorpheus boosts mids~treble slightly comparing effect audio cadmus. you can still feel vocal is a little thin though. vocal image placed back of the head when using stock cable and cadmus but it places middle of head and high-hat sometimes stings slightly when using aceorpheus.(never stings when using cadmus listening same song)

1 Like

My NiceHCK AceOrpheus should arrive today or tomorrow :grin:

2 Likes

I ordered MS and S sized H570 tips from Ali, checkout was under $13. I’ll be excited to use them in general, but most especially with the Butastur given all the emphasis on how they were tuned with the H570 in mind. I was recommended to use my experience with Xelastec fit as a basis.

6 Likes

Back to my default setting(fiio hs18, effect audio cadmus). It’ll be good to listen female vocal main or violin main music but not for many genre. Vocal still sounds thin. I felt very comfortable listening butastur with cadmus but not with aceorpheus. It made tone of butastur too bright for me. I’m not telling it doesn’t match. If you want to make butastur with more treble, it’s a good choice. If not, cadmus would be better.