Night Oblivion - discussions

AceOrpheus just arrived today.

Quick impressions : Reduce bass littlebit.
Better Stage and Detail make sound more clear and airry.
Treble extension seem better.

7 Likes

Less bass? Absolutely no thanks!

4 Likes

Less bass? :sob::sob::sob::sob:

I wanted more bass. Butastur is 60:40 micro / macro, going further north in micro region would make it less universal

6 Likes

It seems tilt to technical side than musical side with AceOrpheus for what I have here. less Bass less warm more clear but maybe other will have difference opinion about it and I look forward to read other opinion too :smiley:

The AceOrpheus arrived yesterday, but I can’t even use it. I accidentally picked up the MMCX version instead of the 2pin, and of course I don’t have any MMCX IEMs lol.

I’ll probably repurchase the Dunu Falcon Ultra when it goes on sale. I liked it, but ended up returning it because the cable went bad after a week of use.

1 Like

think the balance is just right; excellent job, thank you :v: :sunglasses: :+1:
the only niggle is binaural recordings lack depth

2 Likes

Maybe the ADV AMP balances the sound :pray:

1 Like

Wait until you get to try a Glamdring out then get back to me :wink:

1 Like

This guy won it in a giveaway.
The cap came off when trying to clean the scuffs off that came with set. Can they send to this guy or should I do it and who do i contact to get this replaced?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Wow looks like some serious cleaning going on here lol.

Seems like an opportunity to make some custom faceplate :slight_smile:

Not really funny getting this outta box

I need to know if guy who won it can get it replaced or should I?

2 Likes

how about giving message to penon audio and ask for that?

HBB getting something from Penon Audio…

2 Likes

Aye he’d get more love from 64 and MD :thinking::smile:

1 Like

Jinny is going to replace. No idea who that is. Why would I contact Penon…and tell them cigarette ash got on my IEM? Jinny and the guy who sarted this thread can take care of this.
Customer service.

7 Likes

I think Jinny is the designer/engineer.

1 Like

no doubt peace out

So I’ve listened my Butastur with the AceOrpheus and I like the combo.
I didn’t do A/B as I struggled a lot to disconnect the original cable and I’m a bit afraid to break something.
But, I don’t find the Butastur more fatiguing with the AceOrpheus. It has better imaging and separation but not by allot compared with the original cable.
It may have a bit less midbass but it’s not much.
Nothing that can’t be correct with a warmer source.
I will buy the ADV AMP and by what @AmericanSpirit_JP the combo should be amazing.

3 Likes

I have the ADV Amp connected to Cayin RU6 and Butastur. For some reason, I still prefer to listen directly from RU6 as the characteristic of RU6 sound disappear when connected to ADV Amp. Not sure if I need to change the op amp to Muse02 just like AS did.

1 Like

Yes, Jinny said it was ash under the cap and Jinny said it would be replaced. Nobody has reached out yet.
They can just send out a set as they have my address and already said it would be replaced :call_me_hand: I’ll keep everyone updated :notes:

5 Likes