Nymzreviews.com official thread

When will you rank Mangird Tea mk3? (Mangird Top)

1 Like

cringe-gif.gif

1 Like

What you are seing is not what I’m seing, as in, there’s a new tierlist.

I will try to share it before x-mas :slight_smile: it’s 98% done and it took a lot of work :joy: :joy:

8 Likes

Take your time, we Nymz Faithful will hold the line (along with baited breath)!

1 Like

Wrapping up Kima as we speak, most likely FatFreq MM tomorrow. We poppin’

2 Likes

Oh but regarding $600 range, for my library and preferences, my current three top picks are:

• SA6 Ultra
  • Symphonium Meteor
  • Mangird Top

That should ease your pain.

7 Likes

And remember, you can’t just GET a SA6 Ultra…

2 Likes

Okay nymz. Thank you. I guess I’ll end up buying the Top si.
I’m happy with the Hook now but I want another “closed” one. For me (enjoyment + technicalities)
Hook > Timeless (good amp) > Tea mk1 > Olina > Kato.

All my recent money of last semester of 2022 goes to Edxs, Sv023… Time to spend on iems.

3 Likes

News break: I’m selling my SA6 Ultra soon :joy: so if anyone’s interested hit me up before it gets devoured on headfi :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Banger!!! Someone grab it :call_me_hand:

Trusted seller and take a leap of faith on this one, you can hold me accountable for the IEM!

1 Like

@nymz stop causing trouble, you jackal!

3 Likes

So very interesting your take on the QKZ is, so much so I guess I can color myself suprised. Might be why I bug so much on about the Kai, I’m just that interested in understanding your take from you on them. Maybe Santa Nymz might consider a Christmas wish of a full review of it sometime :pleading_face::joy:? Haha just kidding… mostly… kinda… not really- okay I’ll shut up now.

This is how I feel about Rosefinch and why I respect the QKZ Crew. All the neutral-Harman tuned sets are similar to the point of slight preference differences. At least Rosefinch and QKZ went for different

1 Like

I’ll help out a little here: Kai is gonna be more balanced, QKZ will have more deeper bass, but Kai has VERY satisfying bass that (from memory) I find cleaner. Lower-mids are all Kai. Upper-mids I don’t remember discernible differences, and Kai is a little better (to my ear) in early treble but has NO extension.

I think Kai is a little better, but they’re close enough that I wouldn’t fight Nymz over his preference of QKZ. If I already had QKZ, I can find a better upgrade than Kai.

Kai is honestly in a no-man’s land in the budget hierarchy. Other than supporting HBB or wanting the physical aesthetic of the shell, it’s fine but utterly passable

4 Likes

I really just want to enjoy an in-depth opinion read by him on it is all. Personally I find the Kai filling out what I felt was missing for me in the Mele, mostly being a better balance on instruments (certain ones becoming a bit clearer or how I think I’d like to hear them) and a better balance between male and female vocals. For me more extention is nice a nice thing to have, but for the great coherencey and immersion in the musicality of it all is a fair trade off. I’m definitely not going to fight nymz on his preferences, just going to fight for the Kai for some decent attention :joy:

2 Likes

I’ll go back to my corner then, before I cause more troubles :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Wait you just named two of my Top 5. Does this mean I need the Top in my life? Everything tells me from chatting here and reviews they might be a bit much in the treble.

2 Likes

DUNU KIMA Review

My review of the DUNU KIMA is out and can be found in the link below. Thanks for reading and merry x-mas! :santa:

10 Likes

From my short take, it’s just north of neutral. Instantly reminded me of Varitions’ treble with less gain on the female vocals but more 4.5k cymbal strikes.

Your definition of neutral is way less elevation, I don’t think you’ll like it, despite it all.

1 Like

I feel ya. One of my self xmas gift is an open back as well.

I gave you my current fav three options that are all different between them. Everyone can pick their poison I guess.