Nymzreviews.com official thread

Mine should be to me next week. Glamdring is a beast too on the bass. Slaps my ear drums so damn hard on songs sometimes I’ve got to turn it down. It’s the first IEM where I’m not turning down the volume because of treble but, the bass. Glamdring of all the bass sets I’ve heard is hands down the most technical and competent ear drum slapper to grace my eardrums. Wonder what one will rip my head off quicker.

9 Likes

So the sunniva brings more bass than the Serratus?

Everyone is crazy about buds, I just haven’t tried them it seems. How do you deal with fit and insulation? Maybe one should try cheap buds. I’m way behind in the hobby, apparently. :laughing:

1 Like

Definitely try cheap MX500 shell first, but also keep in mind that the earbuds market is rapidly evolving, so you now have custom 3D designed and printed shells from DIYers. Some DIY sellers may send you sample shells to try.

1 Like

Can I have a link because I’m not very into things!? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sure! I know of 3 DIY sellers who are active here:

1. Rikubuds: rikubuds.com
  2. TGXEAR: TGXEar.com
  3. Valphonics: might need to message here @Valphonics or on Instagram if you have it

I’m tagging @AceBee as he’s tried more DIY buds than me!

There are also established companies making some decent to excellent sets:

1. Fiio FF3, FF5
  2. Yinman

There’s also @Rikudou_Goku’s database that you can use to find cheap but decent MX500 shell: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YNuslYM4CrhMPrOLofzTm4ei7HEfP8AI1zxswrMw2ho/htmlview

And don’t forget this thread: Earbuds Discussion Thread

12 Likes

Thanks. I’m starting a survey!

giphy

3 Likes

I can ship u some tgx to try if you are not in a hurry

6 Likes

I am not in a hurry. Thank you very much. :yum:

1 Like

Lost my audio gears when moving last month (TRI HBB KAI + Cayin RU6; got both used for a good price). It is what it is but now I need a new daily driver for commute. Kai was damn nice for me, not too relaxed & boring nor too intense & overwhelming — just enough excitement & brilliance with the new Spinfits. I don’t feel like buying it again tho cuz with the full price. Maybe Truthear Shio + Letshuoer Galileo?

1 Like

Sorry to hear, thats BS.

Id go TE x Crin Red or Olina SE. Galileo is a safe option but I do prefer the other two.

If you want a 1:1 of Kai tuning but with better treble extension, id grab Z300.

If you are in the US, id grab apple dongle up to 100usd range. After that price point, DC04 Pro imo.

4 Likes

Looking forward indeed…Jamming to Dire straits on Serratus right now, found some foams that make the shell fit better for me, Jim’s seem quite rough but not that grippy? these are finer and stay in place better at least for me… 100% behind the Bud Nation now :metal:

Audio…

:joy:

6 Likes

I haven’t heard Kai but Z300 slams.

I’m gonna grab DC04PRO during Linsoul summer sale!!

2 Likes

Could you share your discovery? :smiley:

For sure got them from Amazon UK

I’ve also got some different ones coming 'whenever time’ from Ali :crossed_fingers:but pretty happy with the ones above tbh :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah the stock on Serratus is fairly low density and rather prickly. I tried Hiegi foams and found them much more comfortable but the tuning suffered. Might try less dense foams or maybe order the ones you shared from Amazon!

2 Likes

Defo more comfy and don’t seem to lose grip so much when I move, as for changing the sound I’m waiting to get my ears Microsuctioned so I can’t give an accurate report on that at the moment lol.

1 Like

Hey man, thanks for the tag. I’ve only been months into the artisan earbuds world but I don’t think I’ve tried more than anyone :smile:.

To anyone who is trying to start on buds, the most value for money offerings in sub $100 level comes from @Rikudou_Goku Rikubuds, and Phillipines - LREY Portable Music, Kobe Audio, Shaytan customs (ordered, yet to experience). They generally make either custom metal/wood shells or mx500 shells. Quite good in terms of sound.

For those who do not care about the looks, and are ok with fully handmade earbuds (fully handmade shells from epoxy and resin) with outstanding sound quality - daeil_lee_music on instagram 이대일 (@daeil_lee_music) • Instagram photos and videos
He is from South Korea. He makes pipebuds and ventbuds. The builds are solid, but not perfect - some imperfections here and there. But sound, well, now that is where his buds shoot it out of the park. You can choose shell model, you can suggest your own suggestions for shell model, you can choose the driver, and then he will give you a price. My current TOTL from his, SP2-NF, has 2 small pipes and nanofiber DD, sounds very close to TGXear Serratus’s sound, with 15% betted bass and 10% less in every other field. Cost me $100. He is simply amazing.

Ordered another earbud from another friend of him from SK, highersound Highersound (@_highersound) • Instagram photos and videos
Yet to hear, will get in my hand in July.

6 Likes

Its amazing how tips can became a sound good or normal.
Ikko oh5 is other example of that. Memory tips destroy sound. Silicon tips (narrow) are the best.

For me memory tips are very ver bad in all iems I have test.

1 Like

LTD :wink:

1 Like