Nymzreviews.com official thread

Per DUNU-TOPSOUND on Head-Fi:

Thanks to everyone for the overwhelming response! Pre-order reservations are full.

For those who missed out on reserving, there will be less than a handful of units available for open sale on April 29th at midnight, UTC -5.

Anyone that got in on the pre-order will receive a digital code via email to purchase their unit after the aforementioned date/time, so I guess there will be some extras available for the scramble!

2 Likes

ā€œLess than a handfulā€ doesnā€™t seem very reassuring :sweat_smile: might just grab the Serial instead :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

They obviously are not planning on selling it as an w eryday item . If you want a serial by all means buy it.

I mean if they have the same levels of tech then Iā€™ll just grab the Dunu, but if the Serial is better, then 3DD it is :sunglasses:

1 Like

I donā€™t think youā€™d regret getting the Serial. Heard great things from several people I trust

2 Likes

TEA CULT ALERT.

I was cleaning my Teaā€™s ear tips and the metal filter accidentally came out, so like what any curious audiophile would do I thought: ā€œI wonder what the Tea would sound like with a different filter :thinking:?ā€

So I took out the other grill and replaced both with with B2 filter (which is much thinner than the Olina filters and Tanya/Hana), and OH BOY.

All of a sudden, treble detail became much clearer wihtout much harshness at high volumes. It now basically has modded Olina treble :exploding_head: It got more airy and cymbal splashes were SO satisfying. The Teas were never congested, but with the additional air the staging feels more opened than before.

Female vocals also got more shine to them while male vocals still feel deep and textured. For a vocal head like me that loves more forward and intimate vocals, I think these might be the best vocals Iā€™ve heard on any IEM (note that Iā€™ve tried Z1R, U12T, SA6, and 07M before).

Now, this is all while maintaining the Teaā€™s original around your head staging and imaging we all fell forā€¦ I donā€™t know what to say. I will A/B them more with the Olina tomorrow, but for now ima call it a night :hot_face:

Also please donā€™t try anything yet since I donā€™t want you guys to potentially ruin your Teas based on initial impressions and before any in-depth reviewing (you probably need glue to put back the metal filters). Iā€™ll beta test it more for the cult :joy: Iā€™ll also test it with Hana and Olina filters :+1:

9 Likes

Haha nice acidental discovery my man! Itā€™s how the best discoveries are made :wink:

Hereā€™s a thought: future IEMs should be designed to make nozzle filters easily modifiable. Not those screw in and out ones from Kato; I mean like open bore with a small lip and a plastic fine tip tweezer so one can swap filters from third party sources.

4 Likes

That, I can get behind on!

Also, rip my ears tomorrow :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

The more you test, the less you know about your ears, until you do :stuck_out_tongue:

You think i helped you out with the Teas, but then i just pulled you into the rabbit hole ahah :cold_face:

Next stop? Ej07? :smirk:

6 Likes

Do you have a coupler by any chance?

Moondrop Chu and Olina with Tanya Filter

Chu neutral bright signature and lack in the mid bass. i think itā€™s not for fun listen tonality.

1 Like

20usd bro. I will have mine today and Iā€™ll check it out :dancer:

2 Likes

No, unfortunately not :pensive: Maybe I should get oneā€¦ what coupler would you rec?

1 Like

IEC711 (IEC60318-4 compliant): Precision Artificial Ear Iec711 Frequency Response Curve Tester Artificial Ear 318-4 Headphone Tester - Personal Care Appliance Parts - AliExpress

3 Likes

This is actually the warmth in the mid bass of the Olina that I donā€™t like as it covers a lot of the other frequency

2 Likes

Unless I get an apology email soon, I think I did manage to snag the very last re-offered Vernuses. Verni?

4 Likes

Congratz!!!

2 Likes

Moondrop Chu

(the graph posted earlier was wrong. Iā€™m dumb and I had EQ on lol)

9 Likes

I am officially joining the Tea cult, having purchased a set off Head-Fi (v1 not v2)

Anything I should be looking forward to and/or know in advance? I am fairly new to the IEM game and currently have the Variations & FH7 via Q5K.

Thanks all!

edit: grammar

2 Likes

Welcome, and great timing! Iā€™ve just accidentally discovered a potential mod yesterday to make the Teas even better :joy: More on that later this week, but one thing you should know is that the Teaā€™s magic comes out at higher volume, thatā€™s where it really grabs you and immerses you into the music. Most lukewarm feedbacks are from people who listen at lower-mid volumes. So just keep that in mind in order to enjoy the full experience :sunglasses:

4 Likes