Nymzreviews.com official thread

As of tuning, no one. As of single DDs, zen pro. Adding serratus and u12t didnt help the case.

Im not selling because it got replaced but more for financial reasons. I don’t have the time (and shortly even less) to keep up with all my favourites.

3 Likes

Also what about L30? Are you upgrading to L30 MK2?

Nope, something else I can’t comment on yet!

Then it must be A90D :smiley:

2 Likes

He’s buying Apple dongle :joy:

2 Likes

The US version obviously - otherwise known as the ultimate amp

2 Likes

I am a massive fan of the SQ, but I only bought one a few months ago (from Apple) and after barely any use this time around it makes noises/cutouts if it’s flexed different ways. The first one I had lasted years without issues. If only the same chip was available in something sturdier, has anyone tried to reverse engineer what they’re using in there, or is it proprietary? So not a DAC chip available to other manufacturers?

Cost to performance might be at its best with this dongle though, fantastic.

1 Like

They use this Cirrus Logic chip, at least in USB-C version.
46L06-CWZR

Edit: wrong link, probably the one they use may be custom for them?

The way someone could look at the Apple dongle is…in a hypothetical: “If one were to buy an apple dongle on a site like (but not limited to) Amazon with a good return policy: If it fails, one could buy a new dongle and hold it a few days, then send for a return stating the product failed, and send them back the broken one”

I am not advocating or encouraging such behavior, but it is a theoretical pathway to infinite apple dongle

strange, you would imagine that QC would be top tier with a company with infinite money like Apple…

I got this recently for my Samsung S22 and like it fine. Sturdier built with a bit thicker cable than the Apple, which also seemed to have less power than this one.

Amazon.com: USB C to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter - USB Type C to AUX Audio Jack Hi-Res DAC Dongle Cable Cord Compatible with Pixel 5 4 3 XL, Samsung Galaxy S22 S21 S20 FE Ultra S20+ Plus Note 20 5G : Electronics

1 Like

!!TEA ALERT!!
@nymz I was able to demo the OG Tea :tea: and it is everything you described and more.
Great sub-bass, strong vocals, relaxed treble. I like the fact that it can be listened at low volume or you can crank the volume up and jam.
The timbre is a bit off but it’s not major issue. In some song, I can hear the mid bass cut but it’s a nice flavor compared to Timeless.
I’ll have to see if I can get a used some day.
Cookie please.

10 Likes

:cookie:

Here’s your cooooookiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee. Glad you enjoyed the queen <3

5 Likes

DM gone. Kinda Lava gone. RU-6 gone.

7 Likes

That was quick!!

When I listen to them, I always feel the teas beg me to up the volume, again and again.
Ît almost fears me as I’m more used to listening at lower volumes.

3 Likes

I second this. They scale soo well. TOTL vocals at high volume. The only downside is that I’m going to run into hearing loss at this rate…

1 Like

Damn that was quick!

1 Like

Yeah, lots of interest, but im trying to keep them inside our little comunity.

Unfortunetly I cant keep all the goodies. Keeping them around breaks my heart less :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good on you for keeping it inside the community!

4 Likes