Nymzreviews.com official thread

Ok, got it:

3 Likes

That’s provisional, I need to A/B. Took a 4 day break and heard nothing. I will come back to you in a few days. I’m underwater finishing something :stuck_out_tongue:

Me too! I think it’s important to do that once in a while.

1 Like

Interested in your take on that. I disliked Sundara and Ananda because they sounded super thin, and people say this is more V than those
 Which can go either way on the thinness problem.

Today.

7 Likes

You’re finally gonna start selling nudes? Hope I’ll be able to catch first batch :rofl:

4 Likes

You want
 more??

Free for you, as always.

5 Likes

Why that needs to be even a question? :grinning:

3 Likes

Moaarrrr please

only nymz
lmao

2 Likes

I am betting you either start up an youtube channel or start up a blog! Either way I am crossing fingers

1 Like

A new begining

That’s right. One year after starting giving my thoughts and opinions, I couldn’t stop myself from asking the same questions: Where to do I evolve from here? How do I do it?

Stagnation as never been my fourtĂ© unless I’m sitting on a couch watching netflix, and because of that I kept always thinking how could I improve and reduce my downtime. And the answer sat right in front of me.

v6Logo dark

Introducing www.nymzreviews.com

Problem:

For months I kept crying about how forum formating sucks, especially this one. Then I was asked if I could post on head-fi as well many times, which turned itself into a pain, since both forums use different formats.

What I would do was to post on head-fi, copy paste here then change what didn’t come through, photos, music links, etc. On short reviews, we could be talking about 10 mins, but on bigger reviews with a lot of youtube links we could be talking about half an hour or more.

That was just the tip of the iceberg. No one could find my reviews without even searching for it, which means they had to know it existed in first hand. I could not keep an archive with and index page as this forum doesn’t allow to edit month old posts.

Result:

It always made sense. It sure ain’t finished and will be a recurrent WIP until I decide I want to completly change it over night, but you get the point.

It’s not perfect and I’m not blind. I’ve never built anything like it, but just dived right into it. I also did the artwork by myself and after asking some feedback to the closest ones. I am not just open, but trully asking for all your feedback.

The website will be my only place of information. Every take I do will be posted there and not on the forums, but that doesn’t mean I will leave this thread to rot. Far from that. I will keep the usual casual chat here, as this thread will be the new official one for the website (title probably gave it away, right?). I will drop down a link here everytime I post anything relevant there as well. This will always be a community driven thread while having a cult as its heart, just under the shadows.

All of this is also the reason my reviews stopped for a week or two and will now come out as if the gates were open
 insertclichésegwayherenymzsotheyreadthenextparagraph

Sony Z1R Review

To celebrate the site going live, I had to choose what to open it with. At first (while I still had oxygen on my brain) I was planing to do a 3-way review of an IEM, sources and headphones/earbuds.

This quickly faded as the time went by and my now senior body (comon, I’ve past 30 years old, let me) doesn’t allow me. Or a 3 day music festival. Or building new forniture for a baby. Or keeping my prego gf happy. Or keeping my job.

Instead I had to pick one and if we are going to go all-in, let’s do it with a boom. I choose nothing else but the legendary Sony Z1R, and you can find the link here:

Hope you enjoy the reading!

Affiliate programs and links

I need feedback on how to proceed. I don’t do this for money, unless you mean losing it, as most of you know.

I got offered an affiliate program with Linsoul and probably will from other brands or websites. The reason I decided to take it was because:

1. This changes none of my opinions - you can read my past reviews and I’m not that kind no matter what the brand and in this case Linsoul is no stranger to that (exta hint: TA review incoming);
  2. I might get coupons during sales etc to give better prices the community;
  3. At the very best, I might make enough money for a big mac
 per year.

I need your feedback about this. Does it look shady? You probably won’t even notice it unless I pointed it, but transparency is a great deal to me and being drama free took me this far.

What now?

Adapt. Evolve. Keep going.

Finish the giant queue of reviews.

I honestly don’t know. What’s on the table is increasing my output quality by adding something most reviewers don’t, just need to figure out what.

There’s also on the table youtube ninja apparitions, but that’s not for a near future (I think).

Reach out to other brands so I can help the community better.

Keep giving away samples.

Keep spending money.

Enjoy music.

Have a baby. Enjoy life. Eat pizza.

As always, with love,

nymz
The CEO of Tea Cult and nymzreviews

PS: This post looks like ass but all I wanna do is go sleep so, it is what it is.

35 Likes

Awesome step forward amigo! Looking forward to reading your future reviews :hugs:

2 Likes

Great website bookedmarked on my home screen. Love your reviews keeping it real.

1 Like

Yep, in terms of the short impressions in regards to the Airships, I do agree on some such as the Olina existing and having a cheaper budget to get it than the Airships since I do think the Airships as well are a bit too pricey (I bought mine during a sale so I got it cheaper than its MSRP, though I think there are times I should’ve had gone with the Olina instead and just get the Tanyas as well.) As well as the fit, for I admit it can be a hit or a miss to some, I took that risk and it was a hit to me for the fit is like a glove to my ears, meaning it fits me freaking right but for the others it’s the deal breaker just like nymz said, and yes I do agree that the Olina is a safer choice in terms of getting that fit.

2 Likes

@nymz, what are your plans regarding head-fi? I think it’s an important place to be as a reviewer, and sound it may hurt your visibility. As you talked about publishing your reviews on different places, an idea came to my mind: maybe someone could create a script that would take the review and “translate” it to hf format ?

Sponsoring/seller deals is a must for a reviewer (unless you are rich enough like hbb seems to be); so I totally get it.

I look forward for future reviews!!

3 Likes

Tripowin Mele - Golden rush

Finally got around to buy another unit so I can now compare it to Kai. Got lucky on Amazon ES since they are now discontinued.

Fiio FF3

24 hours later

F*** you @ttorbic, i guess? :disguised_face:

8 Likes

Your heart and passion come across. Keep that fire burning. Good luck in your new and evolved endeavors!

2 Likes

Thanks brother :+1: Appreciate it!

Thanks for doing that. Means a lot. Thanks for the trust as well <3

I find Airship hard to justify when Olina exists BUT, if you want a more V-shaped Olina, Airship is very very solid. The fit was a miss for me, but I can it fitting better smaller ear people.

Great question, thanks. I do intend to keep head-fi on par by sharing the links. Regarding posting the reviews there, I might do but on a later date. First link it, couple of days later post it there. As you said, it’s kind of a big deal.

As for the affiliations, I’m still wrapping my head around it. As for now, I will leave it as it is. People that want to support me in some way just need to click my Linsoul Link every 30 days and it stay in the cookies, meaning that if anyone makes a buy with my link active I might get a very small share.

I don’t expect much from it and to be honest, the only idea I mentioned is 100% about transparency. If I ever get any balance it will be converted into store balance so I just “buy” more sets and keep stuff coming.

5 Likes

Congrats on the new website! I like the way you describe IEMs. From Lows, Mids, Highs. Even going beyond on how you describe the sub-bass and mid-bass performance separately even with sample music, you’re going the extra mile. This really helps us imagine how they sound.

Still patiently waiting for that KL & Tea2 comparison.

JK I already have them both :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like