Nymzreviews.com official thread

congrats!! it was your review of the Olina that brought me to these forums and into the world of IEMs. Its great to see how you have grown as a reviewer and I can’t wait to see what else is in store

1 Like

Oh sorry.

Comparison

KL is Tea2 true upgrade, and it is better on every aspect but 3D mojo, where to my HRTF the Tea2 have an hair more. The mids/vocals are more “in your face” on the KL (especially resin version).

Bass dynamics better on the KL due to DD vs BA mid-bass and the Shuoer’s DD is of better quality.

Tea feels a touch darker on the upper harmonics and cymbal decays, where the KL has a touch less sparkly sparkly and air.

Verdict:

Rec’d both.

5 Likes

I did that review during a full working day - I could just not stop writting about the Olina.

I guess I was not wrong as it passed the test of time so far. Can’t wait for the SE.

Glad I got some of you in. Hope I still make every of you happy and your wallets sad.

<3

2 Likes

Agreed, Olina was brighter than I was expecting, but still one of my favorites. I am curious to hear the refined version of it.

I recently unpacked from a move, and the three on my desk are the OG Tea, Olina ( double stock filter ), and Kai. I am listening to the Olina as I type this.

1 Like

Great picks. I have yet to critical listen to Kai (was waiting on Mele to arrive). But i did enjoy its bass on first pass :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have fun having to nitpick, on Kai and Mele. While I think there’s a clear enough upgrade, I think the differences are very much on an “ear-by-ear” basis.

2 Likes

For me the website is perfect… Simple, clean and directly to the point!
Congrats!

4 Likes

Yeah, I will be connecting them to the same source and just switch on and on. Im expecting better bass on Kai and more vocal presence on Mele, if I had to guess after 2min passages.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input!! Means a lot, especially when it’s my first time doing this ahahah. I literally had to guess/learn a thing or two over night.

2 Likes

Tripowin Rhombus Frequency Response Graph

Tripowin Cencibel Frequency Response Graph

TANGZU Wu Zetian

9 Likes

unfortunate channel imbalance in the Tangzu

It’s a planar, basicly common by now.

3 Likes

Dang, those tripowins look like they’re going to be aggressive in the upper-mids…hope they play better than they graph

1 Like

That’s quite good for planar standards actually

2 Likes

First impressions of the TANGZU Wu Zetian

Used: Couple of tracks of my usual playlist, Topping L30 and Singxer SA-1, Spinfit CP100, stock cable 3.5mm.
No A/B done whatsoever.

Notes:

• Scratch Mahina/Dioko. This is is my new favourite storage case!!!
  • Cable looks good, feels good. Wish I got the 4.4mm version.
  • Probably the hardest to drive planar so far - Good luck with your power is a meme gifs.
  • Best bass in stock format across the planars I’ve tried (elevation and taticality).
  • Shows indication of a good stage depth.
  • Imaging seems above average .
  • Some 3D mojo on Bubbles by Yosi.
  • Sharp transients (got timeless vibes).
  • Treble is controlled but still hot. Maybe not as offensive as S12 in the mid/upper regions. Closer to Hook-X by memory. Uses the bass to compensate.
  • Mids seem recessed but saved by the resolving power - not great but not bad at all - needs more testing.
  • Vocals are forward. Female > Male. Male lack bite.
  • Planar timbre.
  • I wouldn’t use it for Classical or Jazz.
  • I refused to memorize its name so from now on I’ll call it TWZ or WZ.

Verdict: Contender to be my favourite planar so far.

:cookie:

14 Likes

Oh man! When I saw the akros’ review, I though it would be cool you reviewed it. Looking forward to your full feedback on this!

2 Likes

I just had a @hawaiibadboy moment… even after seeing is video… I thought it costed 200$ as well…

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHHAHAH

Ahahahaha

ah.

Recommended.

6 Likes

One more on the list of candidates to buy… my poor wallet, the black friday and 11/11 sales will make you suffer.

8 Likes

Why so funny? Is it that big of a step up from 7hz/s12? :thinking:

It’s funny because

A) I did the same mistake as HBB after watching his video;
B) 50$ dollars make a huge difference on its competition so ence the rec.

2 Likes