Nymzreviews.com official thread

5 Likes

That looks very interesting! Tempted to grab the Rosefinch now and try this, and on the KAI as well.

1 Like

Keep in mind that I am pretty sure you can do that without the micropore tape wrapped around that wire.

I did it wrapped around the leg of a set of tweezers, then squeezed the tape flat with the tweezers. Worked way better than by hand for me

you have a pic?

When I get home

Edit: here are the pics of the mod @Rikudou_Goku @domq422

3 Likes

Thanks, man!

This mod can also be done with a small rubber band.

It works, however the main issue with this mod is the potential channel imbalance. If you have a coupler, you can tune it, otherwise it may look like my modded Sora Light

is that your (mod) fault or because of Intime QC?

The channel matching is Intime QC.

The bass difference is clearly my mod.

1 Like

Umm thanks @nymz. I had schoolwork to do and I lost most of the late afternoon/early evening to Daft Punk, then I went listening to some live Armin Van Buuren too.

I blame you both! :grin:

1 Like

I just realized that I misspelled ‘greatness’ but you get me :sweat_smile:

I hope you enjoyed, my friend. The robots have graced us with plenty of beautiful work over the last 25 years, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Sharing my experience here not sure where else i put.

Until the below happens, I thought UAPP for Android is most superior player especially handling dongle dac’s.

I was randomly reading through internet for audio related and came across Neutron player and its one of special settings.

If you want to beat hell out of your dongle dacs just enable PCM to DSD option (screenshots attached).

Believe me I enabled it and magic happened to my L2B dongle…it never turns green which is for dsd playback before since i dont have any dsd files.

It was continuois green for all my flac whetjer 16bit or 24 bit…I then fed the output to my MT604 amp and connected my S12…total bliss…blisss.

It is quiet evident that the aoundstage is now more depth and full rounded image like concert hall and now more definition to notes with more texture. Great to try the app especially with pcm to dsd playback. Tha ks for reading.

7 Likes

Ahahah, that’s the reason why I listen to the same selected tracks over and over. If I start going around I forget what I was doing and write nothing :joy:

1 Like

I’m so jealous - I’m over here, falling victim to the dreaded iOS limitations and lack of options in the audio space :melting_face:

1 Like

Oh…yes power restrictions too via usb output on ios… Example my LG G8X is USB 3.0 output capable (5v? 900mA) and will not restrict power draw so power hungry dongles can be used with full potential but battery drain which i dont care to topup multiple times a day.

1 Like

Yeah, not to mention that too. I wish apple would go back to early 2000s and focus on the music aspect of their devices. I was happy to hear that the new MacBooks have a high output headphone Jack, I was kind of hoping they’d have an iPhone music pro max ultra and whatever the hell they’d call it :sweat_smile:

Maybe iPhones will be better next year when they have to switch to USB-C compatibility and get off of lightning.

True, that’s definitely one step in the right direction - even if they came out with an ‘Apple Music Pro’ subscription that gives you some different PEQ options maybe, I’d be happy.

I’ve honestly been very happy with the Qudelix 5K paired with my iPhone. Plenty of power and the PEQ is great

4 Likes