Nymzreviews.com official thread

So I’m hoping this isn’t too dumb a question, but does anyone know if it is easy (or just possible) to trim/remove resin off an iem? I’m wanting to get rid of hot spots that I get from my Mangird Tea and I’ve been wondering about that for a while now.

You should be fine sanding it down to your desired shape with Dremel or another micro motor, then polishing it with fine sand paper. Resins are not thermoplastics, so they won’t melt, but you may burn them or decompose while grinding too long without a break, so be careful about that.
Another thing is that resins are very hard, but they are fragile, do avoid leaving sharp corners as they may snap off.
One last thing is that you would leave quite unesthetic surface, that depending on your craftsmanship level would be more or less rough, but definitely rougher than original. That may trigger some irritation in your ear on contact. It would be ideal to coat the area afterwards with skin safe acrylic coating to make it smooth.

5 Likes

@nymz I just noted that you are the reviewer with the tuning preference next to mine.

Could you help me with next iem? Idk the best value. Until now im between:
→ yanyin moonlight
→ Dunu SA6
→ Softears RSV
→ ???

After some good (LZ A7 Monitor-Gold / HBB KAI / Aria) and bads (Kinera Norn / Fiio FH3) purchases, now i think i know my tunning preference. i’m brazilian and my library is acoustic/ Vocals.

Thank you!!

1 Like

That HA400 is indeed really affordable :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Since it got some attention, I have do a obvious disclaimer: the input and outputs are all 6.35mm, so adapters are needed.

Can you give me more information, like your budget, current iems etc? You can PM if u prefer and you can speak in portuguese if that makes it easier for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a couple of this HA400 laying around (and a couple of other similar items).

Just so you are aware, the output impedance is fairly high on them (around 50ohms if I remember correctly) and the frequency response is not flat, so it will change the response of IEMs.

I use it for burn in rig duties.

4 Likes

I had the 4 way done :smiling_face_with_tear:

Time to redo i guess

While I am not someone who gives a lot about dacs and amps and how they differ in sound (barely noticed a difference between a solid state amp to a MT-602 hybrid and MT-602 to a TA-26 OTL) I find a 4 way amp for 30 bucks (less than 10 bucks per “amp”) to review sensitivity IEM’s 10 times its price a little strange. Especially when I look up the HA400 and see it has an output impedance of 80 Ohm which might influence the bass response of some dynamic drivers.

On the other side you are doing reviews for such a long time that you would notice if the 4 way amp changes sound too much.

Edit:
Because we all like squiggly lines so much. Seems like the HA400 adds a touch of warmth and reduces the treble.
canvas

3 Likes

I’m using it as a splitter just to volume match. It is connected to my topping.

For reviews I use E30 + L30 stack (to be upgraded) and a Singxer SA-1 (full discrete Class A) connected to a Zen Dac V2.

Damn, everytime a source pops on my thread, hell breaks loose. I’ve ignored my tests with HA400 and I’m back on the Singxer, which means I can only do 3 IEMs at a time.

4 Likes

Just A/B’d, it changes sound. Abort boys.

5 Likes

Still a great device for parallel burn in.

1 Like

If all you wanna do is “burn in”, you can just use something like this.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005001996762392.html

Regarding burn in, is there a general recommendation on what kind of sound / music to run? and for how long? Does it depend on the drivers?

its a myth, a scam…

8 Likes

Yeah, some say it’s more of a brain burn in (to adapt to the new sound). let’s discuss :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, its brain burn in if anything.

Companies are literally saying that you need to “burn in” for as long as the warranty/return time is.

3 Likes

Thieaudio Oracle Mk2

Couple of months later, Mests get some company on the ranking list. Touché.

I literally threw everything at it until the point I got to bring U12T to the table.

5, s-, s

The review is taking its time because I find myself enjoying the music too much. For my library, with my preferences, this is the set to go. It has (good) treble energy, but never gets sibilant of fatiguing. It’s not peaky, so you don’t get stabbed out of nowhere. The bass dynamics are spot on. I’ll expedite the review ASAP, but man, I had to get this out here.

For low quality recordings/older stuff, might not be as forgiven, but I had zero problems.

You heard it. :cookie:

19 Likes

You were a MK II skeptic too, seeing just the graph right? If so, interesting…

1 Like

I loved up to the treble, said that had to be heard. Everyone is skeptic why they choose it for an Oracle, since the OG was a monitor mid machine.