Nymzreviews.com official thread

I’m sure this has been done before, but wouldn’t the best way to prove burn in to have two identical headphones, “burn in” one set and not the other, and then try and determine which set is burned in and which isn’t? If burn-in is real, and not just psychological, it seems like one would be able to reliably tell a difference in sound between the two sets?

2 Likes

even just unit variation could skew those results

4 Likes

If unit variation is common enough to regularly cause a notable difference in sound that seems like a whole other problem.

But here’s a modification then:

Start off a/b testing two brand new headphones to confirm that they sound the same. If they don’t, get two new models until you’re sure you’re starting with two that sound the same. Then do the test of burning in only one and seeing if you can tell the difference.

1 Like

That’s actually a good point. Would love to see someone testing this and then doing a “blind” test

Hello. This is the weather for today

Don’t mind me, keep going.

9 Likes

Where are you located?

Click on my Icon!

Ah Lisbon, nice. A colleague was there this week to watch Benfica - PSG - weather is still quite good there for this time of the year. Isn’t that rather unusual ?

1 Like

We have great weather most of the year. It’s not unusual, but last couple of years are hotter than usual, yes.

I just felt that knowing Lisbon weather is as useful for other people as discussing burn in here. Or anywhere.

Also, did you know that sloths take around 2 weeks to digest a single meal? Now that’s a burn in.

5 Likes

Hehehe. Good point. Actually, I like Lisbon weather in autumn / spring / winter, but during summer, it’s too much for me… as is treble on certain headphones/IEM’s :smiley:

1 Like

Gimme cold over summer in here anyday of the week. I suffer during the those times, making it impossible to even think or hear your own thoughts.

1 Like

That makes me think: how is it with Olina’s in Lisbon weather regarding the condensation issue?

Never had a single problem, and I use two filters :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Interesting. I wonder how widespread that issue really is in reality. I guess it’s normal to read it quite a lot online as more people tend to report issues than report about something which is working fine.

1 Like

Nudes are better in warmer weather :grimacing:

2 Likes

I like my nymples taut and pokey though

5 Likes

200w

3 Likes

The weather is not bad here either, but the summer is 40 degrees. The weather has been getting ridiculously warm in recent years. Right now is the time for good IEMs with good music, like mine :grinning:

I’m so jealous, seeing all this warm weather being thrown around - it’s turning to autumn here on the east coast and I’m just like :cold_face:

1 Like

-.-

1 Like